Author Topic: Block Wars - No Hope  (Read 130568 times)

Swholli and WRB852 Present:

Episode IV - No Hope

Considering this topic has gotten mangled and tattered as updates came and went, I felt the need to revamp the topic, as we're really getting back into the groove of doing this again.

What can now be reffed to as the "Duke Nukem Forever" of Blockland machinima, Block Wars has gained a lot of hype and fandom with only 9 minutes of the film released. While it's been two and a half years since its initial announcement, we plan to finally (and for certain real) bring you the block (get it) buster hit it should be: sometime this summer.

However, we can't do it without your support.

A lot of the original cast members, set builders, and other help have either forgotten or dropped out, so we need some fresh new people if we want to really get this done. Obviously I'll still be providing the voices I have been, and Warren shall still be cameraman/editor. Packer is our main man for add-ons, and I'll also be doing decals.

However; physical actors, writers, voice actors, and builders are greatly needed now more than ever.

If you feel you fit the criteria for anything of the sort, PM me or Warren for further application info. Be sure to include what you're trying to be, and an example of your work (if you're a builder, writer, or voice actor, that is).

If you're unsure how you might be able to help, follow Warren's easy guide:

So you wanna help with the film?

Well there's a number of things that you can do for us, find the skill below which pertains to you!

Building
The movie Star Wars has many complicated sets which we can't possibly build ourselves! That's why we need some of the weight lifted, and some other people to submit their blocky renditions of the sets from the movie. Just build something that's in Star Wars Episode IV past the point we are in the released trailer, then send it to me in a PM, and I'll check it out.

Scripting
Currently we need some vehicles from the movie to be scripted. Some of them have to be able to fire lasers styled much like the ones in the released trailer. Just PM me letting me know your skills, and we'll go from there.

Voice Acting
All of the vocal parts in Star Wars Episode IV are currently available except for the characters which appeared in the released trailer, and Luke Skywalker.

Physical Acting
In case you don't know, physical acting is the acting done in-game. To fit this description, you basically need to not be handicapped, and be available for a decent amount of time during the week. If you're interested in filling this role, just PM me with one of your messaging addresses. If you don't own one, then don't bother. We currently accept MSN, AIM, Yahoo, and Steam.

Special Effects
We need someone talented in special effects to do neat things for us like explosions. If you think you fit this description, then PM me with an example of what you can do.

Last I'd just like to mention how honored Warren and I are to be held in such high regard for the film we've made. Sure it was ripping off an original idea, but it was still our own, because this is how Star Wars would have been like had we done it. Thanks to all of you for your support and excitement for the film's finish. We're doing it all for you now.

(Packer, ask me about site updates. I actually have the files ready to give you for once. lol)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:09:39 PM by Swholli »

I'm in! I could probably do the obnoxious Luke thing. My voice is so high it could pass for Astro Boy.

And I mean the 1980s Astro Boy.

I'm in! I could probably do the obnoxious Luke thing. My voice is so high it could pass for Astro Boy.

And I mean the 1980s Astro Boy.

Lol...

Give me something to say?

Give me something to say?

How bout "Gee-Whilikers Bat Man?"

Or "Gosh! Gol-ly! A Lightsaber!!!"

(and emphasize the "lee" in golly)

Scott, how 'bout making a list of who's participating in the project on the first post?
Also, don't make the title so ambiguous. Make it something like "Star Wars Movie" or whatever.

Scott, how 'bout making a list of who's participating in the project on the first post?
Also, don't make the title so ambiguous. Make it something like "Star Wars Movie" or whatever.

But I like Block Wars: No Hope....

Oh you mean the topic... gotcha

Alright, I got my voice clip. As promised, it's really, REALLY high. Almost comedically high. Laugh if you will.

"Is that a lightsaber?"
http://www.mediafire.com/?7mxvgjx2qnm

"OOH! SHINY!"
http://www.mediafire.com/?bkmgzm1qtgm

I could probably do the acting for Luke too, if he matches the character I defined (Stupid and easily distracted) with my voice. Remotely.

Alright, I got my voice clip. As promised, it's really, REALLY high. Almost comedically high. Laugh if you will.

"Is that a lightsaber?"
http://www.mediafire.com/?7mxvgjx2qnm

"OOH! SHINY!"
http://www.mediafire.com/?bkmgzm1qtgm

I could probably do the acting for Luke too, if he matches the character I defined (Stupid and easily distracted) with my voice. Remotely.

You weren't kidding with the high pitched... we may consider you...

You weren't kidding with the high pitched... we may consider you...
I laughed so hard at this.

I have a microphone, if you want me to talk for you.

Why yes, I would like you to talk to me... I get so very lonely...

Bahahaha, trench run in stunt planes.  :cookieMonster:

Am joining, probably as a builder.

Who woulda known that Bushido sounds... like that.
NINJA EDIT OF DOOMZORLY POWERZ: I'll be an actor if ya want.