GRTB : Return To Blockland - Update 2.5

Author Topic: GRTB : Return To Blockland - Update 2.5  (Read 64325 times)

holy stuff just call it blockland connect or something

ephi jumped ship and made it clear he didn't want/like any rtb clones (see kalph v ephi), so we oughta just make something new.

More like:

Problem - Your thread was moved into Drama; The cause of this being that people are criticizing you for being closed to suggestions and breaking RTB's original license.
Your supposed solution - Make a new thread and ignore the problem's source.

I'd rather have a "broken license" than a broken add-on.
Do you not understand what console errors are.

No one is a RTB hater, everyone just hates what you did with it wtf? If I hated RTB why would I use DAProgs oRBs, which retains everything about RTB, all it did was replace RTB's servers with his own.Or maybe because also the fact you broken a rule. IT WAS MOVED FOR A REASON, NOT TO JUST MAKE ANOTHER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ARE YOU STUPID, BLIND, OR BOTH??
It was actually moved mainly because of you and I arguing over something your never going to understand. You obviously don't read your console and it seems like you don't even pay attention to the code your add-ons are using. This leads me to believe your the stupid/blind one here, not me.

ephi jumped ship and made it clear he didn't want/like any rtb clones (see kalph v ephi), so we oughta just make something new.
Seems like Ephi shouldn't have quit? I agree.
Keep in mind I wasn't the first person to post an "RTB Modification"
But I do seem like the only one putting in the effort to keep mine updated.
Most recent update for Ports Trans RTB: July 25, 2014, 10:33:18 AM
Most recent update for Greek2Me's Slim RTB:  February 08, 2014, 03:44:02 PM
Most recent update for Da Progs RTB: April 14, 2014, 05:55:55 PM

In fact, Port has updated his version more recently than DaProgs.
DaProgs has the RTB File Cache though, so thats nice to have.
Honestly I feel that if us 3 got together and worked stuff out
we could make something really good.

I see a lot of people are having issues authenticating with DaProgs server for chat

Changing the name of the addon does not cause errors unless you've programmed it in an incredibly moronic manner.
Changing the copyright license of the addon also does not cause errors unless you've programmed it in an incredibly moronic manner.

............................................haha I rather break copyright license instead of sucking so bad that I can't make my own mod that doesn't produce console errors.

Wtf logic is that. It is literally stated not to modify RTB and release it on the license you agreed to by downloading it, and it even says right on the rules not to say it is RTB.

It was actually moved mainly because of you and I arguing over something your never going to understand. You obviously don't read your console and it seems like you don't even pay attention to the code your add-ons are using. This leads me to believe your the stupid/blind one here, not me.
Okay there are a few console errors in DAProgs (I have not personally experienced, but I guess others have), does that suddenly suppose to mean something? The mod functions as it was meant to and it still retains and same RTB.

I'd rather use one that functions just fine and has a few errors here and there than your forgetfest of an add-on that looks like a narcissistic eight year old just found out how to make a GUI.

Changing the name of the addon does not cause errors unless you've programmed it in an incredibly moronic manner.
Changing the copyright license of the addon also does not cause errors unless you've programmed it in an incredibly moronic manner.
Wow that totally went right over your head.

More like:

Problem - Your thread was moved into Drama; The cause of this being that people are criticizing you for being closed to suggestions and breaking RTB's original license.

He is saying that GRTB is crap because I "ignored" the license.txt file saying that your not allowed to "reproduce" RTB

There is no copyright.txt file, I deleted it. The "license" is a line of text in the GRTB manual stating that the world is a free place, and to keep the peace.

I'm saying I'd rather have a working add-on than one that gives me console errors.
Oh! B-b-but it has a license.txt so it's okay the console errors mean nothing!

Seriously.

There is no copyright.txt file, I deleted it. The "license" is a line of text in the GRTB manual stating that the world is a free place, and to keep the peace.

AND THIS SOMEHOW MAKES IT OKAY????

He would just ban you if you did another one, nobody liked people who make them do more work.

You even used "RTB" in it.. This considers that you basically copied it. Even if you delete the license.txt it's still on a license since everyone that downloaded RTB will still have that same license.

What if I stole your work and then made it mine and gave you no credit?

You wouldn't need to credit him, he already plastered his name and avatar in every corner of the mod.

You wouldn't need to credit him, he already plastered his name and avatar in every corner of the mod.
I could just replace everything with my name and avatar.

I could just replace everything with my name and avatar.
you killed the joke :(

oooooooooooo

He is saying that GRTB is crap because I "ignored" the license.txt file saying that your not allowed to "reproduce" RTB

That's the problem you dunce. The license in the original RTB says that it is protected by the following terms:

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

Non-Commercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.

You've clearly broken the copyright license of the addon and have absolutely no respect for other peoples work.