GRTB : Return To Blockland - Update 2.5

Author Topic: GRTB : Return To Blockland - Update 2.5  (Read 64313 times)

Holy forget, this was moved to drama!
Well, sorry Goth but i am going to hop on to DAprog's again.
I give up convincing people this mod is good.

They gave proper credits in the credits section of RTB without modification, and now goth comes and modifies everything and literally claiming its his.

It got moved in drama for a reason.
I really doubt Ephialtes wanted an exact copy of his RTB floating around, he wanted it dead, hence why he shut it down completely. There's also a reason why you can't just take someone's copyrighted photo and host it on your own website without permission of the original owner, hence the name Copyright

I knew this was gonna get moved.
If Rotondo loving says DO NOT USE RTB NAME, then don't. Damn.
Switching over to DAProg's.

Your sitting here telling me I have to abide by a copyright.txt file (That obviously no-one gives a stuff about, Not Port, Not Greek2Me, not DaProgs)
yes.

I understand how it works. It's just pointless though. Even if a person doesn't agree, whats to stop them from downloading?
problem people will find a way to be a nuisance no matter how many copyrights and legal bullstuffteries you throw at them. here's an idea: don't be those problem people. don't try to justify yourself with
"it's the internet, i do what i want"
"It's the internet I can do what I want"

I might just take Gothboys add-ons and claim them as my own.
There isn't a license to stop me right? I can do whatever I want.

I might just take Gothboys add-ons and claim them as my own.
There isn't a license to stop me right? I can do whatever I want.
Can I be co-lead in development?

de·riv·a·tive
dəˈrivədiv/
adjective
adjective: derivative

(typically of an artist or work of art) imitative of the work of another person, and usually disapproved of for that reason.
    "an artist who is not in the slightest bit derivative"

noun
noun: derivative; plural noun: derivatives

something that is based on another source.
This covers both forms of the definition of Derivative.
The difference between the others are that they don't change or try to imitate the original RTB.
They are the original RTB.
The only things changed are the servers, nothing more, nothing less. ( Not sure about daprogs though).
So they are still in the clear of the licence.

You've broken every part of the licence from as little as including it and as big as no derivative works.

It's not like this will make a difference as I've stated it before on page 18? I think.
Though, I'm certain since you made a new topic for it Badspot'll put a stop to it.

The only things changed are the servers, nothing more, nothing less. ( Not sure about daprogs though).
I think daprogs does the same, just changes the server.

This covers both forms of the definition of Derivative.
The difference between the others are that they don't change or try to imitate the original RTB.
So they are still in the clear of the licence.
Really? It seems like they are trying to imitate RTB, it almost seems like they tried to...oh no wait for it....MODIFY THE CODE???
They are not clear of the license either. Their versions RTB imitates RTB even more
than GRTB does! No custom art, no custom sounds, almost nothing at all to set theirs aside differently from the original RTB. Port changed it up good, he put the 3.5 IRC chat on the 4.0 RTB and released it this way. But oh, thats not transforming, or building upon the material? you may not distribute the modified material. But he did anyways. So did Greek2Me and so did DaProgs.
Quote from: Choco
You've broken every part of the licence from as little as including it and as big as no derivative works.

It's not like this will make a difference as I've stated it before on page 18? I think.
Though, I'm certain since you made a new topic for it Badspot'll put a stop to it.
It doesn't make a difference at all. Your right.
As for my topic if your gonna be so negative all the time just stay away from it?
Cool.

They gave proper credits in the credits section of RTB without modification, and now goth comes and modifies everything and literally claiming its his.

It got moved in drama for a reason.

I didn't claim RTB as mine. Are you stupid? It got moved in drama because people are assuming stuff. I included proper credits as well in case you didnt see on the first page. The credits are literally right below the features list, just like in the Manual GUI

Holy forget, this was moved to drama!
Well, sorry Goth but i am going to hop on to DAprog's again.
I give up convincing people this mod is good.
It's alright you don't have to convince anyone anything. When people can't connect to DaProgs RTB chat (Like some already can't) they will probably use GRTB, or just say forget it and use steam. GRTB is still being updated in fact I released 2.6 on my add-on dump topic. Thats where it will be for now on.

I love how you're still trying when like 3 people like your pitiful mod.

At least it'll keep annoyances like Queeba out of the good servers like DAProgs, like glass said.

As for my topic if your gonna be so negative all the time just stay away from it?
Cool.
Now you think you can just silence people whenever you want? Jesus you really ARE on a power trip.

Problem - I can no longer update my OP like I planned. Wonder why that is?
Solution - Make a new thread. Now I can update my add-ons again.
Problem #2 - Badspot or Rotondo move the new thread to Drama, therefore disallowing you from updating OP.

I love how you're still trying when like 3 people like your pitiful mod.

At least it'll keep annoyances like Queeba out of the good servers like DAProgs, like glass said.
The other day there were over 10 users on. It's not much right now but you gotta start out small yo. Even if only my friends use this mod that's ok with me.

Now you think you can just silence people whenever you want? Jesus you really ARE on a power trip.
Don't assume. That's your biggest problem. I was more or less telling him to kindly forget off.

Problem #2 - Badspot or Rotondo move the new thread to Drama, therefore disallowing you from updating OP.

Why would that happen? My add-ons arn't broken and they don't have any backdoor code.
If people start dramatizing on the new topic I'm just going to ignore them and continue updating GRTB and my other add-on in that thread regularly.