Author Topic: Building a temporary server for Christmas, ideas?  (Read 1856 times)

I'm building a Christmas server that people would really enjoy, what are your ideas for a Christmas server?

A christmas tree seems appropriate

A christmas tree seems appropriate
Well, I mean, how should the server be layed out? Freebuild? Blockparty (Same as Badspot's but a different theme)?

Well, I mean, how should the server be layed out? Freebuild? Blockparty (Same as Badspot's but a different theme)?
I'd feel a blockparty would be the best idea.
A freebuild will attract a lot of spam.
Also if it's not just going to be about build I have some ideas.

A DM on a giant Christmas tree would be good, also a KOTH or Capture point at the top in the form of a star would be neat.
You could also do an Elf vs Snowman TDM, or just a plan ol' snowball fight Fortwars server.

A themed Blockparty would be nice, I haven't seen one of those in quite awhile.

You can always try to make a ski resort.
From all the time I have played this game I've never seen a good one.

It shouldn't prove too difficult. Especially with the Mod-Ter bricks.
Build a small mountain, add some jumps and rings to collect.
Add a bar at the bottom.
Do some minigames like snowball fights and some ice skating with the slippery player.

I'd love to be on such a server on Christmas.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=270199.0
There's also this just in case you didn't know already.
Oh wow. I could use that.

Yeah, I think I'll just do Blockparty, and I will open it up eventually when I have time.

Someone needs to make a edit of the statues mod with the statues having christmas hats, reindeer antlers etc.

There is also DragonoidSlayer's. He launched it recently. I don't know if it's still up tho so check it out.

A nice big Christmas themed city, or house.