BRV: Blockland Revised [ C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶ ]

Author Topic: BRV: Blockland Revised [ C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶ ]  (Read 34390 times)

I can help you configure your service to use Support_Updater for updates, if you decide to go that route.

I'm currently helping two other services similar to BRV set up their update systems using Support_Updater. It would certainly be convenient to have everybody on the same system.

I would like to assist with general scripting. I have intermediate and up skills in scripting and plenty of experience in programming to solve problems.

Since it seems that you're also going for Add-on hosting, I'd be happy to talk with y'all about making sure there's no conflicts for players that are using both system as I'm sure there will be a large amount of overlap.

Hey thanks everybody. We got our team setup. It may seem like a lot of people, but I strongly believe we can pull through if we structure everything and assign the developers their certain jobs.

Our team so far:

Pah - Creator of BRV (currently inactive)
Honno - In-charge for now / Web development

Ipquarx - General Client Scripting
Redo - General Client Scripting

Wrapperup - Server sided scripting
Klarck - Server sided scripting / Web development

Boost - Theme / aesthetics designer

Zeblote - Ideator (for now)

BRV is practically revived at this point!

We will publicly release updates sooner or later once we get more familiar with everything and get some progress.

Pah - Creator of BRV (currently inactive)
Honno - In-charge for now / Web development

Ipquarx - General Client Scripting
Redo - General Client Scripting

Wrapperup - Server sided scripting
Klarck - Server sided scripting / Web development

Boost - Theme / aesthetics designer

Zeblote - Ideator (for now)
oh my goodness it's the dreamteam

i certainly look forward for the ui design. boost is really good at that stuff.

I can help you configure your service to use Support_Updater for updates, if you decide to go that route.

I'm currently helping two other services similar to BRV set up their update systems using Support_Updater. It would certainly be convenient to have everybody on the same system.

Wait there is a 3rd service? What is it?

Also thanks for the offer, we're still thinking about which route we're gonna take.

Wait there is a 3rd service? What is it?

Also thanks for the offer, we're still thinking about which route we're gonna take.

They haven't made a public announcement yet. They're doing a similar approach to BLG though, where everything is modularized.

They haven't made a public announcement yet. They're doing a similar approach to BLG though, where everything is modularized.
What do you mean by "modularized" though?

What do you mean by "modularized" though?

Instead of the RTB way, where everything is in a single add-on, they plan on having multiple add-ons for different purposes. (e.g. Support_Updater for updates)

I feel like I'm being cheated on.

I work with anyone ;)

Is the Main theme structure overall complete?

I would like to get my hands on it to start creating a theme that matches the impact style of Blockland, also if there is any graphic element you need done, just let me know.

No, nothing has been completed yet. We're still planning most of the features and how we want to structure the whole thing on the server side.

We also haven't decided on a gui style yet, but creating a "theme" for it probably won't be as easy as you think. Think of it like trying to reskin the rtb mod manager and connect client, with added complexity of animations

No, nothing has been completed yet. We're still planning most of the features and how we want to structure the whole thing on the server side.

We also haven't decided on a gui style yet, but creating a "theme" for it probably won't be as easy as you think. Think of it like trying to reskin the rtb mod manager and connect client, with added complexity of animations
If thats the case I would say aim for the Impact style Ui , so it looks like if its seamlessly a part/extension of Blockland itself.

As for the animations, is it really as bad as you say? I thought one feature was that BRV would have many theme options.
As an example , skinning the windows top, background and border of a window (BTW Borderless window option would be amazing)