Author Topic: BlockNet Dedicated Hosting - New lower prices!  (Read 55322 times)

Is there any carryover from the beta? I still saw my server at the bottom of the page.

Is there any carryover from the beta? I still saw my server at the bottom of the page.
I had those left in place just to show the structure of the list.

So, about the rental key. Can you choose the username while your renting it?
Edit: Should have checked the FAQ first.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:12:14 PM by rggbnnnnn »

Okay, I have a question. Does your service auto charge me every month or must I renew it. I would prefer to not be auto charged.

Will this service be using the Anti-Crash DLL? http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271003.0
Until the issue is addressed in an update, all servers are pre-patched and are immune to the crash hack.

Okay, I have a question. Does your service auto charge me every month or must I renew it. I would prefer to not be auto charged.
You receive an invoice each month asking to renew your server. No automatic payments are in place.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:01:03 PM by Pecon »

Until the issue is addressed in an update, all servers are pre-patched and are immune to the crash hack.
Awesome.
no. screw that.

no. screw that.
I assume you mean you don't want auto-charge, but the way you said it technically means you do lol.

It's like saying "I didn't do nothing!"... -So you did something?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:33:45 PM by Farad »

Can you help clear up the pricing here?
Quote from: Webpage: "http://www.blocknet.us/#buy", "Dedicated high performance," as of 10:57 pm, PST
The ultimate hosting solution. Remove the possibility of the bad-neighbour effect and get the peace of mind that comes from having a node all to yourself!
- Base: $15/month
- One-time setup fee: $5
- Additional server: $8/each
- Rental key: $1/month

It looks like you're charging for additional servers each month.  The extra $5 for setup seems to be entered correctly, but $15+8+1 = 24, and I am not paying for a server that I will not get.

Pricing should be $21 for startup and $16 for regular monthly payments.

Can you help clear up the pricing here.

It looks like you're charging for additional servers each month.  The extra $5 for setup seems to be entered correctly, but $15+8+1 = 24, and I am not paying for a server that I will not get.

Pricing should be $21 for startup and $16 for regular monthly payments.
It looks like you entered that you wanted '1' additional server (beyond the first). Just leave the additional servers field blank if you are only hosting one server.

Edit: Actually I see what you mean now. I overlooked that and it should be fixed now, just enter the same stuff as before.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 01:09:35 AM by Pecon »

It requires that I must enter an integer > 0.  It gives me the same thing.

Edit: When trying to confirm, it still thinks that the server value is 0, so I would believe you need to fix the filter there, too.

Edit2:  Sorry about bombing you with PMs.

Edit3:  Thanks for resolving these issues in a very responsive and calm manner.  I highly recommend this service.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:00:16 AM by SWAT One »

How many server slots do you have?

EDIT:
Quote from: T&C
6. Governing Law
Any claim relating to BlockNet shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Wait what, explain this please.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:37:21 AM by Outpacte »

It means it's located in California and that if you wanna take any legal action it has to be in California. At least that's what I think it means.

Anyway i'm very interested in this and might be making a purchase soon. Is there a cap on how many users you can take on right now? Also is there an artificial limit on the player slots you can have?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:50:15 AM by devildogelite »

It means it's located in California and that if you wanna take any legal action it has to be in California. At least that's what I think it means.

Anyway i'm very interested in this and might be making a purchase soon. Is there a cap on how many users you can take on right now? Also is there an artificial limit on the player slots you can have?
Capacity isn't a problem, I can deploy new nodes pretty quickly if demand becomes high. Currently there is one US budget node, and two high performance nodes with one in the US and the other in Europe. Dedicated nodes are deployed manually when someone orders one.

Can you post a preview of the server control tab please. That's a big deciding factor in managed hosting solutions.