Ice skates model

Author Topic: Ice skates model  (Read 2802 times)

Would someone be interested in modeling some wearable ice skates for an addon?
I think I would be able to modify my slipping playertype used for my ice pokemons into something resembling ice skating.

T'is the season after all!

The way it currently works is when you right click it gives you a boost and changes into the slippery playertype.
That playertype has no control what so ever in corners.
If I can just make it so the direction you are "slippping" changes to the direction you are looking while holding down right mouse button, then it gives the ice skater control over his movement.
I am thinking it would be fun to use.

If possible I want to also add that when you crouch, the irons don't touch the ground and just slide out of control.
To closely resemble falling for what ever reason.

Ice skates are easy, making them into something Blockland could use as wearable items is beyond me.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:25:28 PM by Furling² »

Ice skates are easy, making them into something Blockland could use as wearable items is beyond me.
Yeah it has something to do with getting the mountpoint into the correct position.
Like how the backpack and hang glider work.
I was never good at modeling myself.

I can still just make it a playertype, but it would look so much better when the player is actually wearing skates.

An addon of similar functionality is the speedy sock if it helps.

So I finished the playertype to the best of my abilities.
I am not 100% happy with it but it seems like I can't disable the walking animation while moving.
It would make the trails of the skates behind the player straighter, but isn't necessary.

All by all it handles pretty nice.
I am even contemplating of using it to make hockey, as this playertype can easily be used for competition.
But then I would need even more models...

I am even contemplating of using it to make hockey, as this playertype can easily be used for competition.
Please do this. I have always wanted a hockey playertype and models! Wish I could help

Please do this. I have always wanted a hockey playertype and models! Wish I could help
I would but like I said, I need a modeler for that.
The code shouldn't prove too difficult, almost the same as the football/soccer code.