Cohortteam 2015 Ostentatious Building Contest

Poll

Is this contest a nice idea?

Yeah! Looks very pro!
48 (64%)
Im called badspot and contests mean noting to me!
27 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Cohortteam 2015 Ostentatious Building Contest  (Read 21686 times)

Wow i hadnt realized you had to post recommendations and was about to poke fun by posting:
Not enough recommendations

But nah glad to see you on the team.

EDIT: Ill add Wedges, and Pole Bricks to add-ons allowed.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 07:35:46 PM by WhoStole MahCar »

I guess i can apply to be a builder. Do you mean March 1st or January the 3rd as the ending date for this?

Forum Name: Momentum
In Game Name: Momentum
BL_ID: 25282
Building theme: Modern, Futuristic, Psychedelic (if you consider that a theme)

edit: Can someone give me a download with all of the addons we can use? I'm not sure if I'll be able to find them all due to the difficulty of finding addons nowadays.

lel its march, not 3 days xd.
We are still discussing about the addons being used, like the contest officially start the 1/1/15 i will post a link to the complete packs of allowed add ons one day before. Welcome to the Contest!

Am i allowed to start my build before the actual contest starts?

a minimum of 10k bricks is required. sorry but you dont apply to a normal build contest. Details and quality is expected.
I don't apply to any build contests, I'm no builder, but just because something has a low brickcount doesn't necessarily mean it isn't detailed or up to quality.

I don't apply to any build contests, I'm no builder, but just because something has a low brickcount doesn't necessarily mean it isn't detailed or up to quality.
i perfectly know it, but it was decided by the team and its like this sorry.

Am i allowed to start my build before the actual contest starts?
I will probably never be able to know if you started before it offcially start lel
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 08:04:53 PM by Sylvanor »

If a build is of outstanding quality then i'd myself be willing to overlook the limit and im sure the rest of the jury would too, but i cant see how anything that is 4x 64 not being over that.

I wouldn't say the specifications aren't hard limits but just suggestions.
If a build really hits off to me, Id be willing to bend the limits to a degree.

oh one final request for add-ons : -extra arches
                                                  -extra round bricks (Marconi pieces)

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 01:28:35 PM by Badger »

are zonebricks/modter allowed

Ill add Pole Bricks to add-ons allowed.
does that include vertical, horizontal, and diagonal?

are zonebricks/modter allowed
mod terrain is a default brick, so yes

can we submit building applications as a team, or do we have to work individually?

can we submit building applications as a team, or do we have to work individually?

I think yes I may be wrong, wait for Sylvanor's opinion, even if you did the prize has to go to someone that will split it up, frankly we wouldn't know if anyone helped if you didin't tell us.

does that include vertical, horizontal, and diagonal?

Yes vertical, and horizontal, not sure about diagonal, ill let you know soon.

oh one final request for add-ons : -extra arches
                                                   -extra round bricks (Marconi pieces)

Im sure you can manage using other kinds of rounds instead of Macroni pieces, ill ask about extra arches, let you know soon.

EDIT: Follow up: Yes all poles allowed (vertical, horizontal, and diagonal), the rest no, use your creativity :D
                        Yes you can work in a team.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:35:30 AM by WhoStole MahCar »

Im sure you can manage using other kinds of rounds instead of Macroni pieces,

these are actually something really handy, I don't need them but I use them a lot when I want something other than a square shape and I can add an extra layer of detail- I looked at all the other brick packs and the stuff you guys have is perfect it's just missing that one single pack.