Poll

Is this contest a nice idea?

Yeah! Looks very pro!
48 (64%)
Im called badspot and contests mean noting to me!
27 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Cohortteam 2015 Ostentatious Building Contest  (Read 21632 times)

OUAH! its whose fault. He will be slapped to death
also king of page 5

The dead cannot update posts, the dead only send many sorrys, the dead will try update.

The dead cannot update posts, the dead only send many sorrys, the dead will try update.
ah yes you even put me on top of the list

perfect

I want to judge instead, pls.
I'll participate in the next contest.

Judge App
Your Forum Name: Brickitect
Your BL_ID: 24378
Why do you want to be a judge?: I want to provide reasonable and accurate constructive criticism and help people improve with tips 'n stuff.
People that recommend you (they may be verified): I'm in your clan, also look at my previous work, I know what I'm doing.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:22:37 PM by Brickitect »

Ima be a builder

IGN: Backara
Forum Name: *LugNut*
BL_ID: 42573
Theme: Neon/Future-like, abandoned, modern

The most difficult opponent, that i had experienced with, is Momentum and Gothboy

so this isnt even done on a singular server? you gotta submit?

so this isnt even done on a singular server? you gotta submit?

As it was told before, no. Because of 3 things:
- the brick limit will be reached very fast (256k)
- people may copy others, each build is private
- handicapped bastards may crash the server with some hack

yeah, you will have to send me builds on march, 3.

- handicapped bastards may crash the server with some hack
The era of crashing is over. The era of anticrash has already begun. http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271003.0

(Your other points are totally valid reasons for not having it all on one server, I'm just saying that you can prevent crashing.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:50:36 PM by Ipquarx »

im all for large projects, it just gets lonely. a project this big will take a lot of time

The era of crashing is over. The era of anticrash has already begun. http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=271003.0

(Your other points are totally valid reasons for not having it all on one server, I'm just saying that you can prevent crashing.)

im all for large projects, it just gets lonely. a project this big will take a lot of time

you can make someting mess big heh :)

Jury Application

Forum Name: Evan5626      IGN: Meineken

BL_ID: 12866

Why do you want to be a judge? Although I have not been as active in Blockland as I was previously, I still believe that my knowledge and understanding of building skills in Blockland, as well as architecture in real life, meet the qualifications of being able to judge others' entries.

People that recommend you (they may be verified):

I reccomend Evan

Anti

Notable builds you have done by the past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLGZAYvY2nU

This sound like fun.

Builder Application
Forum Name:  NASAboy3000
Ingame Name: NASAboy3000
BL_ID: 3626
Building Theme: Some kind of snowy industrial build.  Haven't fully figured it out yet.

ostuff! Guess ill see you on the Jury.

Ill add Nasaboy to the applicants then,

How would people feel about including a brick pack like this? I can imagine people being "omagawd ew, just use multiple bricks" but that completely goes against the point. If we want to create smooth panels without silly brick lines everywhere then this will help a but load :D
That's my argument for them at least, but feel free to make points against; I'll happily debate for them c:

omagawd ew, just use multiple bricks
To tell you the truth I use them myself but im not sure if we can add brickpacks, wait till syl answers.]