Amiibo Megathread - Shovel Knight Confirmed

Author Topic: Amiibo Megathread - Shovel Knight Confirmed  (Read 53627 times)

hey man she got you what she assumed was the best so in her eyes she got you the best thing lol

that counts imo
yeah true

my amiibos now

why keep them in box

New-in-box collector here.

Generally it's one of the following reasons that people collect in box:

1. They make a neat, organized display when they're in the packaging.
2. They're holding off on opening them until they have better functionality. Smash has the best use of the figures so far, and even then it isn't much.
3. They intend to sell them, whether it be soon or later on.

I'm case 2. I will jump ship and go out-of-box when/if Nintendo releases a Skylanders or Disney Infinity type game that uses amiibo functionality to its fullest.

is there a tom nook amiibo he's the only animal crossing guy i want

is there a tom nook amiibo he's the only animal crossing guy i want

yes, both in figure form and card form

figure is common, unsure about the card

why keep them in box
Collectors Mentality probably
Typically people would keep the boxes after opening them and still use the figurines however the boxes the figures use are sealed. It would be impossible to keep the box closed afterwards or keep it in quality condition while/after opening it, thus ruining any value it had. Anyways for functionality purposes, there's a device called Amiiqo that allows you to store your amiibos in an NFC reader/writer so you can maintain the actual functionality while keeping your actual amiibos in boxed condition.

The amiibo situation is getting a million times better.

There is so much stock available.

I do agree with you both, but some of the ones he's keeping boxed are really common ones and I really don't see the value going up on some of those if that's what he's trying to get from it. Organization/display purposes makes perfect sense, but if it's for value purposes, I can't see a boxed Zelda or Bowser going anywhere past $15 ever. Just my opinion

I only came here for Shovel Knight, where is it?