Author Topic: Amiibo Megathread - Shovel Knight Confirmed  (Read 53853 times)

What are Amiibos?
Amiibos are figurines similar in form and functionality to that of the Skylanders and Disney Infinity series. They are used for Nintendo's 3DS and Wii U consoles, and use a wireless near field communication to interact with supported video game software, potentially allowing data to be transferred in and out of games and across multiple platforms.

What games do they work with?
As of February 2015, Amiibos will work with the below games;

• Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Mario Party 10
  • Star Fox for Wii U
  • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy Plus
  • Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:41:26 AM by Freek »

may i ask what "gone" means? like are they not being shipped to the US anymore? or just got bought out ridiculously fast?

may i ask what "gone" means? like are they not being shipped to the US anymore? or just got bought out ridiculously fast?
I'm pretty sure it means they're either off the shelves, or not being shipped, maybe due to high demand or just limited supply. But yes, the few that are "gone" are going for ridiculously high prices right now.

is this like the new fad or some stuff? i don't understand the point of it. isn't it just essentially nintendo-branded skylanders?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 07:36:15 PM by hillkill »

is this like the new fad or some stuff? i don't understand the point of it. isn't it just essentially nintendo-branded skylanders?
It basically is, but they are useful for the games I listed in the OP. I guess it's just another way for Nintendo to rake in cash.

i just got Smash Bros and a Kirby amiibo.
about to train that stuff now

I want a little mac amiibo

if only doc louis was a character

Fox appears to be discontinued, or unbearably rare. Of all stores combined, there was only one within a 50 mile radius of me and I sniped it. Now they're nowhere to be found.

Anyone else having trouble finding these? I want one that doesn't have a beat-up box.

I found a fox amiibo and ignored it

I should have bought it and sold it on ebay for 1,000 dollars because I'm an insane person

I found a fox amiibo and ignored it

I should have bought it and sold it on ebay for 1,000 dollars because I'm an insane person
hahah I saw one at walmart and ignored it forget

We had this huge forgetin smash tournament on launch day, and we were genuinely frightened by how fast the amiibos learn. It's actually pretty impressive, watching them pick up on your strategies and work out counters.

Freek add zelda u to the list of games
they said it would work in a way, ye

Still have no real idea why people are flipping their collective stuffs over these.

forget no more cpt falcon ones
hopefully i can get either toon link or kirby