Poll

Rate Block Wars (serious feedback is appreciated)

1/5 stars
5 (5.4%)
2/5 stars
4 (4.3%)
3/5 stars
12 (12.9%)
4/5 stars
35 (37.6%)
5/5 stars
37 (39.8%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Block Wars - Locked: See New Topic for Sequel  (Read 59704 times)

You're gonna be very disappointed then because not only is Cowboy Dude only a co-writer (meaning you're stuck with me as the director) but he and I both have already started writing a comedy script.
disappointment confirmed.

i'm in full agreement that the prequels weren't done very well. however they were not parodies, they were still serious films. i was really hoping you guys would make a serious film instead of a parody but hey sure, go ahead and make whatever kind of film you wanna make. it just doesn't appeal to me that's all.

Dude forget you, star wars' writing for the original trilogy was great because it had a blend of dark sci-fi fantasy tones and light-hearted whimsical tones. I don't know who made you the authority on star wars but you apparently don't know stuff
brother i probably know a hell of a lot more about star wars than you do. the original trilogy did have occasional funny moments but they were VERY subtle forms of humor and were often done very quickly and quietly. the focus was on the action, drama and storyline, not on simply using that as a platform to make a variety of referential, 4th wall, and robot chicken type jokes.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:17:31 PM by Planr »

I liked Sugar's cameo.

Was it actually her?

if you guys were gonna be making jokes you really passed up a huge opportunity to make some jokes there with sugar as the bartender

something about "servign buger" would be hilarious

referential, 4th wall, and robot chicken type jokes.

Why must you insult me this way.

Why must you insult me this way.

Its planr's way

handicapped joke was there but y' know, im bored
god damnit why wont it say "EDITTED"
jesus i editted this like 5 times

disappointment confirmed.
i'm in full agreement that the prequels weren't done very well. however they were not parodies, they were still serious films. i was really hoping you guys would make a serious film instead of a parody but hey sure, go ahead and make whatever kind of film you wanna make. it just doesn't appeal to me that's all.
brother i probably know a hell of a lot more about star wars than you do. the original trilogy did have occasional funny moments but they were VERY subtle forms of humor and were often done very quickly and quietly. the focus was on the action, drama and storyline, not on simply using that as a platform to make a variety of referential, 4th wall, and robot chicken type jokes.
What you're saying about this movie makes me think you didn't even watch it.

Like, do you even know what you were reviewing? You don't give a bad review for a restaurant because it didn't handle your stock investments properly. You act like this was made for a completely different purpose (and audience) than it was and you decide to stuff on it because the apple didn't taste like an orange.

I liked Sugar's cameo.

Was it actually her?
i dont think so

"A giant boob gun"

very mature, intro scroll

"A giant boob gun"

very mature, intro scroll
Yeah, I always thought it was more like a punctured, gushing teste.

Don't pay too much attention to Planr. It just so happens that his only interests are God, Star Wars and Star Trek, and he takes them all equally seriously.

Don't pay too much attention to Planr. It just so happens that his only interests are God, Star Wars and Star Trek, and he takes them all equally seriously.

*silently tucks both Bad Captain (Star Trek parody) script as well as religious comedy epic Block Hur script back into pocket*

i was really hoping you guys would make a serious film instead of a parody but hey sure, go ahead and make whatever kind of film you wanna make. it just doesn't appeal to me that's all.
At the very least, review the content as per its objective. Would you like me to criticize your star trek ship because it's not star wars enough?

I'm trying to help you understand.

Like holy stuff you would not believe the steam argument I got into with Planr over this.
Apparently for all 9 years of production he thought this was, in fact, going to be a shot-by-shot remake of Star Wars?
He apparently dislikes "inserting jokes into the plot of another movie" when it is the best way to parody a film in its entirety (rather than parodying the concept a la Spaceballs, which he apparently enjoys???).
And the worst thing, in my opinion: he is disappointed/angry with you for making a parody instead of a shot-by-shot remake.

A "terrible" trifecta.

I honestly don't understand how Planr can be okay in-game yet be so annoying to deal with on the forums.

lol once again, shot-for-shot remakes are a complete loving waste of time and effort.

Darth Vader's voice is perfect.
Also: on the Thriller thing:
This is a filllllller! Fill-ler con-tent!

This is a filllllller! Fill-ler con-tent!

Actually it isn't! It technically was in the first video, but in this version it's what serves as the distraction Han, Leia and Luke need to escape the hallway.

IT IS TECHNICALLY INTEGRAL TO THE PLOT.