Author Topic: Space Engine  (Read 5747 times)

I spent like 5 hours downloading the installer. I probably can't run it too well but I wanna try.

EDIT: There's a cubemap option. Why don't we use this for skyboxes?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 06:48:53 PM by Katadeus »

Man, I have no idea how you guys get lens flare to come out so well.

Oh well, I created this.

I've actually managed to find a bunch of nebulae in a random galaxy, they're hard to spot but they're usually red or purple and rather dim.

There's a cubemap option. Why don't we use this for skyboxes?
You can just straight-up export the images for a skybox, if you want. They can be as large as you'd like, too, but the file sizes get really big and it takes a long time to save them when you get as high as 4096x4096.
You can do the same thing for the surface of a planet, too.

I have such a hard time finding the supermassive black holes in the galaxies.
It's like they dont load in or something.

there should be a realistic mode to this, where you're seeing it all through some tiny space shuttle

and like black holes suck you up n you can crash into planets
unless i'm stupid and this is already a thing

I have such a hard time finding the supermassive black holes in the galaxies.
It's like they dont load in or something.
Or, get this, you can't see them. :)

Is there any way to increase anti aliasing? Id love to take some really nice screenshots but the edges of planets always come up aliased and pixelly around edges. The graphics options are rather vague as well. There is anti-aliasing but it doesn't do an awful lot.

black hole in front of a star, gravitational lensing ftw

rs 8549-228-16883-152
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:22:56 AM by Car Selling Pyro »

Is there any way to increase anti aliasing? Id love to take some really nice screenshots but the edges of planets always come up aliased and pixelly around edges. The graphics options are rather vague as well. There is anti-aliasing but it doesn't do an awful lot.
Yes I'd like to know

Or, get this, you can't see them. :)
my knowledge of black holes isn't much but it seems like it would be relatively easy to see them due to gravitational lensing

my knowledge of black holes isn't much but it seems like it would be relatively easy to see them due to gravitational lensing
You can't see black holes.

cpu: AMD Athlon x2 5000+
gpu: Nvidia Geforce 8600 gt 256mb
ram: 2gb ddr2

god damn it

not installing this
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:16:16 PM by 77x5ghost2 »

You can't see black holes.
...and you know perfectly well what he means