Author Topic: Space Engine  (Read 5740 times)

got 1-9 fps with lowest possible graphics settings
If you fly away from planets and move through the stars, the fps will improve.

Anyways, for Jubel though I guess some other people might wonder about this. In order to search for a black hole you can use the star browser tool just above the magnifying icon on the left of the hud.

I'd position yourself in the center of a galaxy, as the browser searches specifically in a designated area around you. You're going to want to click "filter settings" and set the system's main star as a black hole. I'd change the search radius to something like 1000 light years, though a warning, it's probably going to freeze the program for a second or more. Stuff should pop up, if not, increase the radius or try another galaxy.

downloading the new update now (0972), cus my gpu was forgeted up and now is back working again

time to find crazy stuff with that filter

-ultrausefulsnip-

Wow, didn't notice the filter before. Seems like a great tool, probably gonna find earth-like planets with it.

i heard its pretty cool for kids to learn but is it graphics intensive?  :cookieMonster:

i heard its pretty cool for kids to learn but is it graphics intensive?  :cookieMonster:

i'm on a laptop using GT 630m, 6gb of ram and no problems even on 16x AA, FXAA and high world details. may lag when generating solar systems/planets but when its done the FPS is quite high.

I always put the graphics on the highest possible when taking screenshots.

(old as stuff, Forgot FXAA)

I love this loving thing.

This is amazing but it crashes every few minutes.

I wish I had a computer that could run this again. This game is absolutely beautiful.

Am I the only one who likes distances measured in parsecs rather than light years?

Am I the only one who likes distances measured in parsecs rather than light years?
yes.

Parsecs are for nerds.