Author Topic: Space Engine  (Read 5746 times)

these are the best surface shots I managed to get
I can't seem to make them look any better, no matter how high I turn my settings

cpu: AMD Athlon x2 5000+
gpu: Nvidia Geforce 8600 gt 256mb
ram: 2gb ddr2

[img]http://i.imgur.com/gyI3NDL.png?1[/img ]
god damn it

not installing this

I don't even have dedicated memory, but I can still run it to an extent(flying around the universe, surfing through stars) but I will have to wait a while for planet landscapes to load.

Or, get this, you can't see them. :)
Hah hah you're a cunt.
And you're also wrong.

"perceive with the eyes; discern visually."

When you see that big black lack of light, you're looking at a black hole, and discerning visually, WOW thats a black hole!

is this Earth? and how you got the city lights to work?

Hah hah you're a cunt.
And you're also wrong.

"perceive with the eyes; discern visually."

When you see that big black lack of light, you're looking at a black hole, and discerning visually, WOW thats a black hole!

Is it though? :) You're discerning its existence through the lack of light, you're not actually seeing the black hole. Also, calm down.

is this Earth? and how you got the city lights to work?
Yeah that's Earth and my city lights were just already on. I think there's a setting possibly in the options where you can toggle them.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:59:24 AM by Oasis »

I don't even have dedicated memory, but I can still run it to an extent(flying around the universe, surfing through stars) but I will have to wait a while for planet landscapes to load.

got 1-9 fps with lowest possible graphics settings

Is it though? :) You're discerning its existence through the lack of light, you're not actually seeing the black hole. Also, calm down.
Could you stop with the condescending smileys

Could you stop with the condescending smileys
Condescending smileys are all I have. Don't take them away from me.

Me calling you out for being a smartass means I'm angry, infuriated, or otherwise mad?
Where's badspots comic where you need it.

You know exactly what I mean, and you're also trying to "skip around" the definition of to see. Whether or not there is or isnt light in this case is irrelevant. You're witnessing something eith your eyes, you're seeing it. And I'm seeing you're just an unpleasant person who has nothing better to do than to reply to people who need a hand with something with snide comments that provide the person who needs a hand with the feeling of "ugh, where's the next post?"

Me calling you out for being a smartass means I'm angry, infuriated, or otherwise mad?
Where's badspots comic where you need it.

You know exactly what I mean, and you're also trying to "skip around" the definition of to see. Whether or not there is or isnt light in this case is irrelevant. You're witnessing something eith your eyes, you're seeing it. And I'm seeing you're just an unpleasant person who has nothing better to do than to reply to people who need a hand with something with snide comments that provide the person who needs a hand with the feeling of "ugh, where's the next post?"
I said calm down, as in chill the forget out, you don't need to call people cunts to make a point. And once again, you cannot see a black hole, that would require light to hit it, bounce off of it and then at some point reach your eyes. You can see how it interacts with light, you can see how it interacts with other matter, but you cannot see it.

And sorry I couldn't provide assistance before with your problem. If you'd like, after class, I can write up a short tutorial on how to locate black holes using this program. I hope whatever is pissing you off enough in real life to bring your stuff on a lego forum resolves itself shortly. Have a good day.

I said calm down, as in chill the forget out, you don't need to call people cunts to make a point. And once again, you cannot see a black hole, that would require light to hit it, bounce off of it and then at some point reach your eyes. You can see how it interacts with light, you can see how it interacts with other matter, but you cannot see it.

And sorry I couldn't provide assistance before with your problem. If you'd like, after class, I can write up a short tutorial on how to locate black holes using this program. I hope whatever is pissing you off enough in real life to bring your stuff on a lego forum resolves itself shortly. Have a good day.
Dude, calm down. You're getting overly agressive over a silly post on a lego forum.

Dude, calm down. You're getting overly agressive over a silly post on a lego forum.
Have a good day.
Totally seem mad.

this is the best sim ever I love it so much

Totally seem mad.
The presence of a have a good day isnt really a sure-all for not being mad. It couldve been said in a passive agressive manner. Likewise, the usage of swear words isn't a sure-all for identifying anger, maybe I'm just australian and I'm used to being a sailor.

The concept of emotion isn't translated well through text. Especially when it's not emphasized at all by modifications to it. The purpose of that post was to show how anyone can interpret a post as angry, even when it was evident to the poster that they were not.

If I could post with red letters that were on fire, that might be a better indication that I was furious :cookieMonster:

The presence of a have a good day isnt really a sure-all for not being mad. It couldve been said in a passive agressive manner. Likewise, the usage of swear words isn't a sure-all for identifying anger, maybe I'm just australian and I'm used to being a sailor.

The concept of emotion isn't translated well through text. Especially when it's not emphasized at all by modifications to it. The purpose of that post was to show how anyone can interpret a post as angry, even when it was evident to the poster that they were not.

If I could post with red letters that were on fire, that might be a better indication that I was furious :cookieMonster:
Once again:
I said calm down, as in chill the forget out, you don't need to call people cunts to make a point.
I wasn't alluding to your emotional state.