Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous 1.3 - Powerplay  (Read 17539 times)

i hope one's the fleur de lance ;_;

Bought it! forget yeah, i can't wait to crash into a hangar for the first time

also do you loose stuff when you die?

Bought it! forget yeah, i can't wait to crash into a hangar for the first time

also do you loose stuff when you die?
You lose your ship and cargo 'n such.
But you only have to pay 5% back.

Infact... I was bounty hunting and I finally killed that huge motherloving ship with the feds shooting at me because some loving richardwaffle flied into my storm of bullets and I got a bounty. After I killed it I came too close and the explosion destroyed my ship.
RIP 50K worth on bounties ;-;.

What's your ign?

commander Splendid Spider

but i'm still playing around the trainings and such

the minimap is the worst horrid piece of stuff i have ever seen, it's confusing as forget

also this sidewinder handles like ass, it takes ages to turn around

and I can't decide to use controller (stuff)/Mouse + keyboard (slightly less stuff)/flightstick (idk)

commander Splendid Spider

but i'm still playing around the trainings and such

the minimap is the worst horrid piece of stuff i have ever seen, it's confusing as forget

also this sidewinder handles like ass, it takes ages to turn around

and I can't decide to use controller (stuff)/Mouse + keyboard (slightly less stuff)/flightstick (idk)
You have to get used to the minimap and roll to take better turns.
I have Mouse X-Axis set to yaw and Y to pitch.
Use Q and E to roll left/right.
Controlling your ship will be much easier.
Also learn to divert power in situations. In combat you probably want 3/4 blocks at weapons and 3/2 at system, engines don't matter much.
Also you want to know energy (aka lasers) are best against shield and kinetic (aka machine guns) are best against hull. (You probably want to buy a gimballed type if you are going to buy a kinetic weapon.)
Bounty hunting is the fastest way for money (imo). Save up for an eagle (~40K Cr) and give it a better outfitting.
But you can also choose to be a trader or explored or whatever the forget you want to be.
These are just my  personal tips.

Yeah, calmed my tits down, it's pretty good now. I was planning on buying an eagle, so i will do that, pretty much getting money by doing hauling missions now. Got pretty used to controls now too, but i haven't tried battle yet. Probs won't either for a while.

Yeah, calmed my tits down, it's pretty good now. I was planning on buying an eagle, so i will do that, pretty much getting money by doing hauling missions now. Got pretty used to controls now too, but i haven't tried battle yet. Probs won't either for a while.
Oh and another tip, dont do illegal stuff. I forgeted up my reputation in eravate and now they dont trust me for most missions.

I've been hauling in my Cobra for a few days now. Gotten up to 1.4 million credits, so now I have to find something to do with them.

I've been hauling in my Cobra for a few days now. Gotten up to 1.4 million credits, so now I have to find something to do with them.
There a rare trade route the goes from Zaonce, Lave, Orrere blah blah etc -> Zeesze, 91 Tauri (?) and two other ones there.
Get a few million in a few hours of trading, about 1 hour 1 million if your lucky.

Once you get about 6 million dollarino you might want to start trading in a type 6 until you get enough to buy a Type 7.

Or you could save up 5 million and buy a spaceship for pure combat. (like ze viper or cobra)

http://www.edshipyard.com/
^ Link to an online ship builder thing if anyone wants it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:22:11 AM by A million souls »

There a rare trade route the goes from Zaonce, Lave, Orrere blah blah etc -> Zeesze, 91 Tauri (?) and two other ones there.
Get a few million in a few hours of trading, about 1 hour 1 million if your lucky.

Once you get about 6 million dollarino you might want to start trading in a type 6 until you get enough to buy a Type 7.

Or you could save up 5 million and buy a spaceship for pure combat. (like ze viper or cobra)

http://www.edshipyard.com/
^ Link to an online ship builder thing if anyone wants it.

At the moment, I'm going back and forth between Laedla and Negrito trading Palladium. I would go back to Lave and trade rares, but it's a bit of a long flight for me. I'm saving up for an Asp so I can head off into pioneer space and maybe follow Jacques' station.

so how do you get lods of emone early on

with like, very default stuff (expect i got 6 cargo space instead of 4 so i can do better hauling missions)

right now i'm mostly hauling stuff, but that's pretty slow

i tried trading for profit but i am naturally resistant to gaining anything

so how do you get lods of emone early on

with like, very default stuff (expect i got 6 cargo space instead of 4 so i can do better hauling missions)

right now i'm mostly hauling stuff, but that's pretty slow

i tried trading for profit but i am naturally resistant to gaining anything
Bounty hunting.
As I said.
Or you just can try to smuggle illegal stuff in from USS's. But you can get a fine for that stuff, wich sucks.