Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous 1.3 - Powerplay  (Read 17540 times)

What's with the random "eee"?

What's with the random "eee"?
Iduno
I got the game, thats what counts.
Anyway, download takes longer then expected.

Iduno
I got the game, thats what counts.
Anyway, download takes longer then expected.
how big is it?

how big is it?
No idea

My experience so far:
>Undock from start
>Okay, now what?
>I have no idea what I'm doing
>Fly somewhere
>Getting back to space station
>"docking request denied"
>trying to get toget back to another space station
>Stuck
ffs this game is complicated.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:04:06 AM by espio100 »

Docking request denied means all the docks are full, You gotta wait for one to empty or jump to offline mode. There's one I go to that always has a 6 or so queue to dock.

Everybody just stay the forget out of the Lave Cluster. Some group calling themselves Cosmic State is camping Lave Station, George Lucas, and every other major station with dumbfire missiles. If you're not hotslotting, you won't make it in or out alive.

EDIT: CMDR Rings, by the way.

Yeah, I'm CMDR NuclearNacho btw
Letme try again this thing again.

EDIT: So I docked, now what?
Are there missions?
How do I open market or bounty windows stuff or whatever?

DOUBLE EDIT:
Okay so after more then 5 hours of configuring, tweaking, testing and searching how to do stuff. I finally figured out what to do.
Also need to get a joystick.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:29:45 AM by espio100 »

Oi, new update.

Quote from: Michael Brookes
NEW FEATURES/CONTENT

- Community Goals added
- Route planning extended to 1,000 ly
- Russian language translations added
- Add 'Discovered by' tag to system map - needs to be surfaced scanned
- Fancy new gas giant shader
- City lights on imhabited planets
- Pilots Federation rank decals
- Parallax shader for cloud layer on terrestrial planets
- Add explored system details on the right hand side of the cartographics shop
- Top benefactors support added to system map

And some other stuff

Download size: 2.5 GB (for 1.1)

2.5gb update?! but the base game is only 3.5gb :o

ahh holy cow 1.1 was released? ok i'll update the OP in a minute

ahh holy cow 1.1 was released? ok i'll update the OP in a minute
While I was playing there was another small update, probably bugfixes or something.

okay. also, if anyone wants to add me on E:D, go ahead

i'll be on later today

so now you can build spaceports!

I NEED TO MAKE ROOM BOBCAT NOW.

Quote from: Michael Brookes
Hi everyone,

This week saw the public release for 1.1. There were a few more issues than we'd expect with a release - having reviewed what happened we are confident that its a one off and that we will resume 'normal service' going forward. The issues were promptly addressed in minor updates, and we thank those affected for their patience and understanding. The test server and beta forum will be closed until we start the next beta phase for 1.2.

The focus for a large proportion of the team is now for the 1.2 update. There will be an in depth feature on the Wings functionality in the next couple of weeks and I’ll post the link to that when it’s available. In the meantime we’re also adding other new features and content. The galaxy map will be seeing an update beyond what I mentioned in last week’s post with more visible indications for player’s ships, mission markers, wing markers and friends locations displayed in the map. These changes will also be applied the system map.

Update 1.2 will also contain two new playable ships – there will be more information on these in coming newsletters. These are two of our originally planned ships so aren’t part of the five additional ships mentioned in a previous newsletter.

Progress on the Mac build continues and it will require OS X Yosemite (version 10.10).

If you want to provide input on the API requirements discussion then this weekend is your last opportunity to do so. There’s already been some excellent contributions that we’re looking forward to reviewing in more detail. You can contribute to the thread here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99437

Thanks!

Michael
2 new ship, whoo!