Author Topic: 2015/01/16 - Blockland r1959  (Read 90901 times)

Now a big update and the blockland community is satisfied for another year.

Now a big update and the blockland community is satisfied for another year.
*espio100

In honor of the latest updates, we at the Cohort team will take our biggest project yet and multiply it by 4. Seattle is now live again and will be partially merged with buildings from Utopia and with new material. The city will be extended and obtain a sewer system and interiors in most buildings!

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=220182.345
He just increased the brickcount without improving perfomance with lot's of bricks, almost nobody will be able to run that.

Is the maximum draw distance limit ever going to be raised again now that terrains are far gone?

Is the maximum draw distance limit ever going to be raised again now that terrains are far gone?

even good computers will start lagging

even good computers will start lagging
You don't have to fill the entire space with bricks. Think sprawling but simple

Similarly, this has happened to me ever since this gamemode came out. Reported it to Badspot multiple times. He never fixed it.

I've got that issue with SpeedKarts, but not Blockheads Ruin Xmas, something on your end must be triggering it

-snip-
Similarly, this has happened to me ever since this gamemode came out. Reported it to Badspot multiple times. He never fixed it.
I have this issue as well, with multiple gamemodes/things. I also found some older addons I had messed up in the same way. I thought it was my hard drive, guess not.

Seems to be a convertFile function, but not sure what it does or how to use it.
  virtual Script convertFile() {}

It's not from an add-on.

Seems to be a convertFile function, but not sure what it does or how to use it.
   virtual Script convertFile() {}

It's not from an add-on.
it's from init.cs.dso. Seems like it takes a regular script file and removes all returns, tabs, and comments.

Ex.
Code: [Select]
//blag b
//blah
  function a()
{
echo("false");
}

turns into

Code: [Select]
function a() { echo("false"); }
It checks to see whether getBuildString() returns "Debug" or "Release", so you won't be able to use it. (getBuildString() returns "Ship") but you can use cheat engine to change "Ship" into "Debug" and it won't overwrite anything because alignment ;o

http://orbs.daprogs.com/rtb/forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile8865.html?id=4900
Fixd for you people
the forget is wrong with you man? i had to buy a new keyboard cos the old one broke from my tears of nostalgia.