2015/01/16 - Blockland r1959

Author Topic: 2015/01/16 - Blockland r1959  (Read 90898 times)

i'm still waiting for baby chainsaw massacre

Well, what if you are walking and wrenching and that useless spam comes up?

My most hated blockland feature.

My most hated blockland feature.
Which is why slower PCs are better. When you wrench the brick, my computer lags for ~3 seconds in which I can release W and no letter spam in the name box! :D

Apparently the update also broke damage emitters. Vehicles no longer catch on fire when destroyed, nor can I add any type of damage emitters to any of my vehicles.

This is ofcourse a cosmetic minor issue, but I'd be really grateful to have this fixed in the next update, as I had just started working on a damage emitter for a vehicle to finish it. Currently I'm unable to do anything. I know there are simple workarounds for it, but that won't fix all the vehicles we already have.

Apparently the update also broke damage emitters. Vehicles no longer catch on fire when destroyed, nor can I add any type of damage emitters to any of my vehicles.

This is ofcourse a cosmetic minor issue, but I'd be really grateful to have this fixed in the next update, as I had just started working on a damage emitter for a vehicle to finish it. Currently I'm unable to do anything. I know there are simple workarounds for it, but that won't fix all the vehicles we already have.
I don't see this happening anywhere. You probably have an add-on breaking it.

I don't see this happening anywhere. You probably have an add-on breaking it.
It started happening immediadly after the update for me and I don't recall seeing fire in any other server either, though I might just be blind. I haven't gotten a new add-on for several months so I doubt it's caused by an add-on alone. Gotta test, though.

Edit:
Okay so I tested destroying the default jeep in several freebuild servers and it did not catch on fire in any of those. Therefore I've concluded that add-ons have nothing to do with it. It's a bug with the game itself.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:43:07 AM by ANT »

In what possible situation are you zooming and wrenching at the same time?

Zoom, aim at the brick, un-zoom, wrench.

Well, what if you are walking and wrenching and that useless spam comes up?

This, and I'd rather not master the skill of "zooming and unzooming at the perfect time" just to wrench a brick without spamming the brick name box. Please Mr.Badspot, set firstResponder to 0 on the brick name box and allow us to crouch and shift bricks again ! c:

Okay so I tested destroying the default jeep in several freebuild servers and it did not catch on fire in any of those. Therefore I've concluded that add-ons have nothing to do with it. It's a bug with the game itself.
Two much more likely alternatives: 1. something wrong with your blockland installation or 2. you have an interfering client-sided addon. Try reinstalling, you can't just assume something is a bug without evidence

Vehicle damage effects worked just fine for me yesterday

ok heres a super major bug for me:

when i jump into the vehicle, it goes really slow and it acts like its off
however when i press c (or walk button), it can go at full speed like its on however i have to keep pressing it when i stop

this is really annoying but its probably an addon causing it

ok heres a super major bug for me:

when i jump into the vehicle, it goes really slow and it acts like its off
however when i press c (or walk button), it can go at full speed like its on however i have to keep pressing it when i stop

this is really annoying but its probably an addon causing it
So do you want us to guess which one it is, or what?

I reinstalled Blockland completely from scratch with no add-ons or any files from the old installation. The jeep (or any other vehicle) still doesn't catch on fire when destroyed with fresh Blockland installation. It only explodes and turns black, no flames visible. My friends have also claimed noticing the missing damage emitter and it was all fine the day before the update, but not the day after. I know this because my previous vehicle had it's own damage emitter, which all of a sudden no longer worked (including the damage emitters on all other vehicles too) when I launched Blockland for the first time after the update.

If it works fine for you all, I honestly don't know what's the issue. What ever it is, I got it with the update and - as far as I know - I'm unable to fix it myself. Guess I'll just have to deal with it if it really doesn't count as a legit bug.

Two much more likely alternatives: 1. something wrong with your blockland installation or 2. you have an interfering client-sided addon. Try reinstalling, you can't just assume something is a bug without evidence

I think its a bug, I can't see it either.

yeah just noticed I can't see it either
so it's definitely the game

The vehicle fire emitter still works though
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:55:21 AM by gr8dayseth »