Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Online drops subscription  (Read 1899 times)

Nobody expected this!
objection, I expected this

but good now I'll buy this

objection, I expected this
Italics for sarcasm! Do I need to make it even more obvious?

To be honest, I really don't like how they handled the MMO, in my opinion.

But hey, I still find being able to buy it to play (similar to Guild Wars) to be a pretty cool thing, props for that.

Italics for sarcasm! Do I need to make it even more obvious?
I thought you were just making it more clear so I wanted to be that guy :(
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:04:33 AM by Maxwell. »

I thought you were just making it more clear so I wanted to be that guy :(

good ol' memewell

Some aspects of the game was actually pretty good, they did well to make a MMORPG. Too many people were expecting Skyrim online.
Think I might try this for a bit.

I can't say I'm not disappointed, since it's a shame it'll come down to having a class-system of Free-players and Subscribers, and then those who spend all their money on the vanity or convenience items (which, going from what I've played of regular ESO, I don't know what those will be, since there aren't many things that are inconvenient, even respawning or travelling. I suppose being able to readily repair your items would be good, as otherwise you use merchants or repair-kits, which are significantly more expensive and only fix 1 item, but are useful in an emergency, such as in PvP or a raid. I just hope it's not something annoying, like ultimate armour/weapons. Maybe it'll be mounts and XP boosts and such)

The one plus side however is that I won't have to pay 2 subscriptions when I get it on Xbox One.
Furthermore, if I digitally download the game on Xbox One, then my family can play it too, without having to purchase it themselves.
I'd have liked if my brother played it with me, but he wouldn't really be up for it if he had to pay his own subscription, and buy the game too.

And now my friend can play the game with me too, since he was interested but doesn't like susbcriptions.

Edit: Information on the benefits of being an ESO Plus Subscriber, taken from the ESO Support FAQ;
ESO Plus offers members exclusive in-game bonuses, a reoccurring allotment of crowns and access to all downloadable content (DLC) game packs for the duration of membership:

30-day Membership:

1500 crowns at the start of each 30-day membership period
    Access to all downloadable content for the duration of membership
    Exclusive character progression bonuses for the duration of membership
        10% bonus to experience point gain
        10% bonus to crafting research
        10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain
        10% bonus to gold acquisition

90-day Membership:

4500  crowns at the start of each 90-day membership period

180-day Membership:

9000 crowns at the start of each 180-day membership period
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:28:33 PM by sir dooble »

crowns aren't a kind of elite currency are they

if they are there better be a buy/sell economy for them for septims or w/e is the normal currency

crowns aren't a kind of elite currency are they

if they are there better be a buy/sell economy for them for septims or w/e is the normal currency
They seem to be a premium currency.
As in, you can purchase them in quantities. And they're given to you as a reward for being an ESO Plus subscriber.
No mention of them being tradable for gold (the normal currency) or the PvP currency.

i guess it really only matters if it breaks or unbalances the game anyway. hopefully they know better. might actually give this game another try now though.

um...

it seems to make sense to only buy the 30 day premium as you have a flow of crowns that's more constant.

I was hoping for great graphics.
It was 2008ish

Uh, Why?

Since when has any elder scrolls game had great graphics?
Plus it's an mmo on top of that.