Which OS Do you prefer?

Windows
42 (71.2%)
Mac OS X
11 (18.6%)
Linux
6 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Windows vs. Mac OS X Megathread  (Read 10853 times)

add this

whoa, legitimate reasons to hate apple besides stuffty interfaces

add this

and also please go research windows 10 and some of its features, windows 9 does not exist i have no idea why it's even mentioned in op

added and fixed.

apple is next to useless and is hipster garbage

I'm starting to agree with everyone

Mac abuses workers (many children) in china to make their products and doesn't give a single stuff about it. Go google it if you don't believe me.
Windows doesn't even make computer parts themselves, so it's safe to say they don't.

That's really all you need to know kids, buy andriod :)

This would be a cool quote to go in OP
Oh loving BS. The factory conditions have improved greatly, and even so many android makers manufacture in China with the same company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn#Major_customers

...Would you look at that, even Microsoft is on that list!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:54:18 AM by Clear Glass »

I'm pretty sure slaves didn't make Windows, Foxconn is for hardware.

I'm pretty sure slaves didn't make Windows, Foxconn is for hardware.
You're right, they manufactured the Xbox.

citation regarding microsoft's involvement: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/01/12/chinese-foxconn-workers-threaten-mass-Self Delete-over-xbox-pay-dispute/

Workers at Chinese electronics giant Foxconn, angry over the shuttering of an Xbox 360 production line in the Chinese city of Wuhan, climbed to the roof of a six story dormitory and threatened to jump en masse if their conditions weren’t met.

The several dozen workers threatened mass Self Delete after Foxconn announced layoffs and transfers of workers and purportedly reneged on severance pay.

microsoft was ceasing production of xbox 360's there lol and they were buttmad about the company saying "okay we have to deal with this"

nice try m8

Why is Linux in the poll?
Why not Unix in general instead of just Mac?

Personally I prefer Linux or BSD due to the complete control given to the user. And I like tiling window managers.
I use Windows for gaming and entertainment because it's Windows and it's compatible with everything ever.

citation regarding microsoft's involvement: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/01/12/chinese-foxconn-workers-threaten-mass-Self Delete-over-xbox-pay-dispute/

microsoft was ceasing production of xbox 360's there lol and they were buttmad about the company saying "okay we have to deal with this"

nice try m8
They still used Foxxcon for a long time, even with the conditions. So yea, nice try m8.

They still used Foxxcon for a long time, even with the conditions. So yea, nice try m8.

and? lol keep tryin

it still doesn't stop the fact that apple releases a locked down piece of stuff

and? lol keep tryin
Stop bashing on Apple for using a manufacturer that had a bad track record of human rights when other Apple rivals you are defending used to or still are using the same manufacture. Also a large majority of things in your life come from factories in China with the same human right issues, so you might as well throw away a bunch of other stuff you have under that logic.
it still doesn't stop the fact that apple releases a locked down piece of stuff
Not everyone needs to control every aspect of their computer like hipsters. Now that I think about it, what is so locked down on OSX in the first place?

well it is pretty bad that you can't even access the storage on newer mobile devices via USB like you could with pretty much any other product that connects to a computer via usb

idk much about osx but i assume since it's an OS you can use your computer in every way you might expect through it but hey iOS doesn't so who knows

Stop bashing on Apple for using a manufacturer that had a bad track record of human rights when other Apple rivals you are defending used to or still are using the same manufacture. Also a large majority of things in your life come from factories in China with the same human right issues, so you might as well throw away a bunch of other stuff you have under that logic.

the forget are you talking about i live in the woods in a house made by myself; my power is supplied 100% by nature and americans in fact i've been wearing the same pairs of clothes (sewn by my great great grandmother) for the past eight years if you think you can talk to me like i'm one of the other heartless bastards using merchandise produced in china under poor working conditions then you're loving wrong. in fact the very computer i'm using was designed and manufactured in the USA, 100% and when i couldn't get american-made parts i made them myself yessir this computer has a cardboard box for a tower so you better loving watch yourself don't make me get in my american-made motorized shopping cart and come kick your ass