Author Topic: Algebra II Help? Square Roots Homework  (Read 2611 times)

For number 13, would you like the steps or the answer?
I'd like the answer, but steps are better. I need to show work

i did these before in 9th grade, but i didn see why i would need to know them in real life, so i forgot it.

i did these before in 9th grade, but i didn see why i would need to know them in real life, so i forgot it.
Basically almost everything in Algebra

i dont really see how anyone is going to use square roots in a normal life, unless you want to be a mathematician

Yeah we just finished this unit in my class, tell me if you need anything specific, I was pretty good at it.

I'd like the answer, but steps are better. I need to show work
Number 13: 3√5 (3-5√10)
Step 1: Distribute 3√5 into the parenthesis
So it would be 3√5(3) + 3√5(-5√10)
Step 2: Multiply 3√5 by 3 to get 9√5
Now it's 9√5 + 3√5(-5√10)
Step 3: Multiply 3√5 by -5√10
Now it's 9√5 - 15√5√10
Step 4: Multiply √5 by √10 to get √(5)(10)
Now it's 9√5-15√(5)(10)
Multiply 5 by 10 to get 50
Now it's 9√5 - 15√50
Then do perfect square root stuff and you'll get
9√5+(-75√2)

Number 13: 3√5 (3-5√10)
Step 1: Distribute 3√5 into the parenthesis
So it would be 3√5(3) + 3√5(-5√10)
Step 2: Multiply 3√5 by 3 to get 9√5
Now it's 9√5 + 3√5(-5√10)
Step 3: Multiply 3√5 by -5√10
Now it's 9√5 - 15√5√10
Step 4: Multiply √5 by √10 to get √(5)(10)
Now it's 9√5-15√(5)(10)
Multiply 5 by 10 to get 50
Now it's 9√5 - 15√50
Then do perfect square root stuff and you'll get
9√5+(-75√2)

i always thought you exclusively knew cubed roots.

Thank you so much. I have a bit left, but it's slope and stuff and it's not hard. Thank you all who helped :)

i always thought you exclusively knew cubed roots.
Don't blow my cover, I work for the square root committee SRCIA, my mission is to pretend to be one of the cubed root people upon the CR to successfully disable their main stations to prevent young people to suffer from extensive work despite having to deal with the SRCIA. Shhhhh....

Don't blow my cover, I work for the square root committee SRCIA, my mission is to pretend to be one of the cubed root people upon the CR to successfully disable their main stations to prevent young people to suffer from extensive work despite having to deal with the SRCIA. Shhhhh....

I'm Agent X. I am working for 7th root.

Xs are 7s

Reporting to my superiors, prepare yourself.

I'm Agent X. I am working for 7th root.

Xs are 7s

Reporting to my superiors, prepare yourself.
Ahah! I've got you where I want you. All the superiors are working with ME! I have 8th root on my side, so as 10th root, we will bring justice to you.

We're doing Alg. I review now, and last year, we did this for one day.
[IM G width=500 height=700]http://i.imgur.com/tbb2to5.jpg[/img]

This homework is due tomorrow, and I have no idea how to do the rest of the questions (or even some of the ones I completed). Can someone please help me? This is 9th grade Algebra II Honors.
Algebra II? we are in Geometry and we are doing this lol.

Algebra II? we are in Geometry and we are doing this lol.
He did say they were doing review from Algebra I

Ahah! I've got you where I want you. All the superiors are working with ME! I have 8th root on my side, so as 10th root, we will bring justice to you.

I've all the odd roots m8

just a heads up you basically end up never using this anywhere after learning it. i mean its good to know in general in case it pops up somewhere (which it never does) but i wouldnt kill myself over it. use a calculator if its tough like my biceps