Algebra II Help? Square Roots Homework

Author Topic: Algebra II Help? Square Roots Homework  (Read 2618 times)

just a heads up you basically end up never using this anywhere after learning it. i mean its good to know in general in case it pops up somewhere (which it never does) but i wouldnt kill myself over it. use a calculator if its tough like my biceps
my $20 calculator broke. Had it since 6th grade. You'd think it'd break from the countless times I've dropped it in middle school, but no

just a heads up you basically end up never using this anywhere after learning it. i mean its good to know in general in case it pops up somewhere (which it never does) but i wouldnt kill myself over it. use a calculator if its tough like my biceps
it does

i would reccomend khanacademy over the blockland forums

Algebra II? we are in Geometry and we are doing this lol.
Geometry in most Common Cores come before Algebra II.

I am in Algebra II Honors and I did this a couple months ago. OP, if you have any more questions, ask. Think of any roots as this: they are just like a variable, a(sqrt(b))+c(sqrt(b)) is very similar to ab+cb (turns into a+c(b)).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:04:15 PM by Swat 3 »

i would reccomend khanacademy over the blockland forums
We have a lot of intelligent people on the forums :P

also some less intelligent people lots but dont let a few lots of bad apples ruin the bunch

i did these before in 9th grade, but i didn see why i would need to know them in real life, so i forgot it.

It's so that in-case we become teachers we can teach it to other possible future teachers...

and the loop goes on forever...

We have a lot of intelligent people on the forums :P

also some less intelligent people lots but dont let a few lots of bad apples ruin the bunch

YOU GONNA NAME SOME NAMES???!

If you have
sqrt(number)
just find the prime factors of the number
Then if there are duplicates,
e.g sqrt(136)

prime factors: 2, 2, 2, 17
there's a pair of twos there, so we take a 2 and put it outside the radical

so now we have 2 * sqrt(2 * 17) or 2sqrt(34)

YOU GONNA NAME SOME NAMES???!
Maaaaan the unintelligent ones know who they are, I don't need to go pointin fingers...

17) (√6 - 2√3)(√3 + 2√2)
      (√2✖3 - 2√3)(√3 + 2√2)
      (2√3 - 2√3)(√3 + 2√2)
      (0)(√3 + 2√2)
      Answer: 0

I sure hope I did that right...

The problems are solved guys. I got 3 out of ~30 wrong though. One was actually a simple mistake on my part, one was one the whole class got wrong, and the other was on the other side (non-square roots, variables and stuff like that).

Basically, in this topic, talk about how dumb less smarterer other forumers may be yes it was intentional

The problems are solved guys. I got 3 out of ~30 wrong though. One was actually a simple mistake on my part, one was one the whole class got wrong, and the other was on the other side (non-square roots, variables and stuff like that).

Basically, in this topic, talk about how dumb less smarterer other forumers may be yes it was intentional
You are not as smart as I am because you cannot properly articulate the English human language.