Poll

Staying on until 2AM?

Yes
26 (53.1%)
No
23 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Do you think Staying online up to 2 AM is bad for people?  (Read 2205 times)

My parents have been forcing me to get off at 11 because apparently staying on past that is "unhealthy" to them.
They say that they're making me get off earlier to I sleep earlier but going to sleep at that time actually makes me more sleepy whereas going to sleep at 2 am and waking up, I'm fully awake and ready to go.
They also said to me that any parents that let their children stay on longer are bad/careless parents.

what do you guys think?

on weekdays yes
weekends no

I do this all the time and Am I unhealthy? Kinda but the point is no it doesn't affect you unless you attend school and need rest.

My record:

Monday 5:34PM - Wednesday 7:23AM
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 08:19:23 PM by ThatRandomGuy »

lol no im up til 1-2 on school nights.
on weekends i am up till 5 sometimes

Yes, it's been a habit of mine because I stay up late and I'm tired all the time and get sick often. So don't do it.

why the hell do you people stay up so late

literally nothing happens after 11pm

Your brain is the central control port of your body. If it doesn't get enough rest then your whole body doesn't function properly. It is possible to die from sleep deprivation.

theres always something happening after 11

i havent gone to bed before 2 for like, the past week. school is totally unfun like that  :panda:

It would depend on what time you wake up that day.

on weekdays yes
weekends no
This pretty much

Haven't you seen that Fairly odd parents episode?

i think that it all depends on how much sleep you usually get (eg. when you have to wake up to go to school). for me my parents always tell me to go to bed every night when i'm on the computer but 95% of the time they don't actually make me go to bed. i know everyones sleep experience is a little different but for me i have to either get 2 hours of sleep or 8+ hours of sleep to feel rested every night. any more than 2 or less than 8 and i feel very groggy and tired the entire day. sadly though i usually make the bad decision to stay up late and i end up being extremely tired the next morning.

if you get up at 7-ish each morning that can be pretty bad for your sleep experience if you're going to bed at 2 AM and getting around 5 hours.

i disagree with them that letting your children stay up longer is bad parenting. my parents are practically the best parents in the world and they usually let me stay up as long as I want; now they don't like it when i stay up late but they know I am responsible for my own decisions and that if they try to baby me it will only create bitterness in the family.

regardless, your parents want you to go to bed at those times because they love you and they want the best for you. it is right to obey them.

Yes, it's been a habit of mine because I stay up late and I'm tired all the time and get sick often. So don't do it.
also this, what biostorm said. not getting enough sleep is damaging for your body as your physical appearance becomes a bit distraught, and, if you repeatedly dont get enough sleep, your appearance will age faster. your immune system also weakens as well, so you get sick more often, and your brain is put under more stress which makes you more prone to headaches.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 08:30:02 PM by Planr »

They also said to me that any parents that let their children stay on longer are bad/careless parents.

your parents sound like they'd be fun at parties

Your brain is the central control port of your body. If it doesn't get enough rest then your whole body doesn't function properly. It is possible to die from sleep deprivation.
You'll pass out long before you would die.

depends if you get 8 hours of sleep or not

if you don't sleep for like a month i can see this happening