Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1246313 times)

"Those engines didn't sound too happy when you came in," Cualli comments to Virvel. "What happened out there?"
Virvel points over her shoulder with her thumb at Gus.
: This forgetin' guy couldn't hit an eight foot stationary target in the middle of the street's what happened! Bastard shot us up good, it's a small wonder we even made it back!

Gus gives her the finger with a smile and walks over.

"I hit that trash can once. The real story is how Jaakko missed a point blank AP rocket shot at it."

Virvel points over her shoulder with her thumb at Gus.
: This forgetin' guy couldn't hit an eight foot stationary target in the middle of the street's what happened! Bastard shot us up good, it's a small wonder we even made it back!

"I hit that trash can once. The real story is how Jaakko missed a point blank AP rocket shot at it."
Cualli raises an eyebrow and glances at Gus. "Uh-huh," she murmurs, nodding slightly.

She gestures to the Imperial pilot they brought back. "What's up with him?" she asks, watching the cadet closely.

The pilot doesn't understand your signal.

Graf decides to use his Gothic knowledge to brief the pilot.

[Take off your helmet.]

"Jaakko grabbed the wrong Graf."

Gus laughs as he looks over towards the group.

[Take off your helmet.]

Tippy encourages this translation by rapping her own helmet with her knuckles.

["Do."] (The only word Tippy knows)

"Jaakko grabbed the wrong Graf."

Gus laughs as he looks over towards the group.
"Graf? Is he new on your squad? I don't think I've met him yet."

: Yeah, once. And then he did that!

She points at the shot-up engine.

Cualli raises an eyebrow and glances at Gus. "Uh-huh," she murmurs, nodding slightly.
She gestures to the Imperial pilot they brought back. "What's up with him?" she asks, watching the cadet closely.
: Psh, Don't ask me.

[Take off your helmet.]
Tippy encourages this translation by rapping her own helmet with her knuckles.
["Do."] (The only word Tippy knows)
He shakes his head and holds on to his helmet to prevent it from being taken off, clearly distressed.

Gus shrugs again.

"Not my fault the gun shoots pebbles. I hit him with a full burst and it didn't even shrug."

"Graf? Is he new on your squad? I don't think I've met him yet."

"Somewhat."

Gus looks over at the group again.

"In all seriousness, we found that trainee while looking for Graf. Jaakko wanted us to bring him along."

"In all seriousness, we found that trainee while looking for Graf. Jaakko wanted us to bring him along."
"Trainee? So he's probably not even an adult yet? Just... a schoolkid?" Cualli frowns as she takes note of how distressed the cadet looks. "Don't you think that treatment is a bit extreme for someone who's probably just a teenager?" she suggests, gesturing to the gun being held on him and everyone that's crowding around him.

"I mean, I wasn't there when you guys found him, so I don't know if he did something to deserve it; and aside from that, he is an Imperial, but..." Her frown deepens and she folds her arms. "I dunno. Just doesn't seem right to me. Kid's probably scared out of his mind right now."

"Yeah, and it's about to get much worse. Like I said, should have just left him."

Gus frowns.

"He doesn't look much older than a teenager."

Tippy sighs, holsters her pistol and puts a hand on the cadets shoulder and looks at Elu.

"Elu, translate for me if you don't mind."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:54:02 PM by Tayasaurus »

"Yeah, and it's about to get much worse. Like I said, should have just left him."

Gus frowns.

"He doesn't look much older than a teenager."
Cualli gives a defeated sigh. "Not a lot I can do to help him, I'm not even an officer." She looks to Elu to try to gauge his reaction to the situation.

Tippy sighs, holsters her pistol and puts a hand on the cadets shoulder and looks at Elu.

"Elu, translate for me if you don't mind."
: Okay.

She looks to Elu to try to gauge his reaction to the situation.
He has the same expressionless stare as always.

Tippy beckons Elu over and begins to try and speak to the cadet.

"Remain calm. Nobody is going to hurt you. Please relax."

Tippy shows her hands empty