Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1243258 times)

"Yeah it is isn't it? Morten's got a new toy too and i'm probably gonna have to beg him to let me shoot it."

Gus pipes up with a grin.

"That crazy bastard. Did you see how many holes he had in him? Tried to fight off half a platoon on his own."

"Yeah it is isn't it? Morten's got a new toy too and i'm probably gonna have to beg him to let me shoot it."
Gus pipes up with a grin.
"That crazy bastard. Did you see how many holes he had in him? Tried to fight off half a platoon on his own."
: Yup, I figured he'd gotten himself in trouble as soon as Scorch mentioned gunfire.

Virvel looks back into the VTOL to see if Morten took his gun with him when he went to the medical bay.
: Whoops, looks like he left his trophy behind. I better put that someplace safe before someone else takes it.

She retrieves the gun from the troop bay and heads off to the pilots' quarters.

"Good to meet you. Hilbert Graf, the newbie around here."
Cualli gives a nod. "I like you already. At least you don't bring me a broken plane to fix, you just trash the whole thing." She gives a bit of a smile and looks around the hangar at the workload that she and the other engineers have laid out for them. "Think you people could give us a break or something? Multiple missions in a day," she mutters. "Can't even get the stuff fixed before you need it again."

Bell heads up to the CIC to check on the preparations for the bombing run.

Cualli gives a nod. "I like you already. At least you don't bring me a broken plane to fix, you just trash the whole thing." She gives a bit of a smile and looks around the hangar at the workload that she and the other engineers have laid out for them. "Think you people could give us a break or something? Multiple missions in a day," she mutters. "Can't even get the stuff fixed before you need it again."
"Hey, I do my best. Two PAKs smashed by yours truly."

Gus grins again.

"Those Hyperions and Nosferatus aren't kidding around."

Cualli nods, putting her hands on her hips and staring up at the damaged VTOL engine. "Be nice if we could get our hands on one of those things," she says. "Imagine they're a pain to repair, though."

"Would be great to get our hands on a Nosferatu and-... that other one,"

Gus looks over at Walt as if asking for confirmation.

"The Sol? The Zent human-piloted Hyperion. Wouldn't mind getting behind the wheel of one of those."

He half chuckles.

"As if I need a bigger target on my back. Seems like they can see me coming from fifty miles away."

"Judging by how many if your toys you guys have broken, your targets are big enough," she says, finally looking away from the damaged engine.

"That reminds me, I said I was gonna go visit the medbay. Half our squadron is laid up there."

Gus looks around at the collection of broken planes Mjolnir has accumulated.

"Probably better if I don't hold you up any longer."

Gus is interrupted on his way to the medical wing by a shipwide announcement that all pilots are to report to the ready room.

Gus heads to the ready room instead.

Graf heads over to the ready room.

Never a dull moment in this squadron, is there?

Disregarding the announcement, Ash casually walks into the medical wing. He immediately spots his brother, riddled with burns all across the left side of his body.

"[Ash! The hell are you doing here, man?]," Lorens croaks, "[Didn't they just call everyone to the ready room?]"

"[They can wait. I'll get there soon enough. Thought I'd check up on you first.]" Ash's expression darkens as he studies Lorens' wounds. "[Are you alright? Seeing your plane explode like that scared the forgetin' daylight outta me. What happened?]"

Lorens sighs. "[Not sure. One moment, I was pulling the trigger, the next, my whole port side was blown to dust. I think the gun exploded, or some stuff like that.]" He reclines back into his bed, visibly exhausted. "[The doctors told me it might be a while before I find myself in the roosterpit again...]"

"[You're not in any pain, are you?]"

"[A little. I'm pretty coked-up on meds right now, hurt like a bitch before that though.]" Lorens tries his best to smile. "[Really, Ash. I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me. If anything, you need to get going.]"

Ash remains somewhat unconvinced. "[Alright. I'm heading out, then. See you when I get back.]"

"[Alright, see ya.]" Lorens waves with his good arm as his brother disappears around the doorway. Stay safe.

Ash heads to the ready room at his own pace.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:00:21 PM by NoZoner »

Jaakko, fresh out of his ground gear, appears in the ready room. His hair is crushed where the cap and his headset had been, and he is starting to look tired.