Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1245372 times)

i missed everything

sometimes having friends can be a pain in the ass

I join up with the remaining members of Mjolnir.

Qwepir could you issue our debriefing?
Everyone lands at the FOB and the Mercanan techs get to work preparing your planes for the next mission, two nights from now. Hawkeye is brought in on a chopper a few hours after everyone else arrives.

Aesthian casualties in the air were severe. Aside from Mjolnir, all but two pilots were killed in the fighting. As a result, these pilots, Nick Helm and Jakko Kirves, are hereby consolidated into Mjolnir Flight. But the sacrifices of your countrymen were not in vain, as the carrier's complement of aircraft have been reduced to the point where GTO Joint Command has ok'd the deployment of several assets including the air cruiser A.F.S. Brynhildr to engage the enemy Dreidecker. Mjolnir will be flying support for this mission to protect the Brynhildr from the remaining enemy defenses.

But that's not for two days. For now, get some rest and get acquainted with your new squadmates.

"Oh god. How many died on this mission? Three?" I ask someone in Mjolnir.
(someone who didn't die on the last mission answer please)

Bell holds up three fingers while she is writing the casualty reports for the mission.

"L-Looks like it."
I gag, noticing that most of Mjolnir squadron is gone.

"Holy stuff."
My face somehow looks paler than normal. Kißinger, the Huit, and Mbombe are all gone. I can't believe it.

"L-Looks like it."
I gag, noticing that most of Mjolnir squadron is gone.
3 out of 11 is not "most" just sayin

3 out of 11 is not "most" just sayin
eh whatever
add it to the list

are we transported to mjolnir via plane or bus

I saw most of them eject right? I think. forget me we lost a lot of guys. They're in Zents' hands now. -better than dead, I guess. Gods damn we have a high turnover rate.

I look at the note from the CO.

-Squadron defunct and disbanded. Transferred to 514th.

I sit on an oil drum and frown at the note, as if it were to make a difference. I look over at my scarred Flanker-C. It's engines are being replaced. They're doing what they can before this mission, huh? I sigh.

I look at the empty hangers.

What obscene losses...

Inside one of the hangers there is a woman doing paperwork on some barrels. If she's important enough to file paperwork she's important enough to ask.

"Ma'am?" I say, deadpan.

Can I hab Su-30 off the bat? It's NAUC, so it's rather fitting, even if it's not my preferable aircraft.

yeah you probably prefer expensive foreign aircraft that blow up spectacularly

are we transported to mjolnir via plane or bus
you land your planes

I head to the requisitions office and ask for an F-35.

misss commander bell Jaakko is waiting for your response

DM note: This all counts as one mission, meaning that the whole time you are going to be stuck with a single airframe. If you're shot down you are, in effect, limited to the NAUC aircraft exclusively as replacements. There aren't exactly spare J-20s and F-23s sitting about.