Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1245684 times)

I head over to the mess hall. God dammit I feel so stupid.

i was thinking more ancient greek style deities where they have both good and bad associations

like how poseidon would cause earth quakes
huits are based on the aztecs, and the thing on the plane was just a mythical creature, not a diety

At least the food here isn't the slop you were served on NAUC bases!

huits are based on the aztecs, and the thing on the plane was just a mythical creature, not a diety

you're right

dunno what i was getting at

's alright, it's not my intention to discourage you from putting your own spin on things, i just had to make a correction there

I get some black paint and recolor the mig-15 I had drawn on my craft, identifying it as a kill under my name, but not the jet it was painted on.

I realize that I still haven't eaten, and go to the mess hall. I catch a few glares from Kintharian workers along the way.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 05:37:55 PM by Juncoph »

The blood. I feel it.

Moments after I was ejected, I got stuck on in a tree. What made it worse was that my seat buckle was jammed. I curse as I also drop the seatbelt cutter. I felt so stupid.

I hung there for a while. I began to feel anxious but continued to tell myself I would be picked up by NAUC reinforcements. I was mid-thought of a reassurance when the giant behemoth came crashing down what would have been a football field away. The shockwave blasted my ejected seat into the street and I blacked out.

The blood. I feel it.

What could have been seconds or hours later I heard the voices of Huitz soldiers. I open my eyes, and from the looks of it, they are Huitz black ops.
Being in the middle of the street, I would have been surprised I wasn't seen. One smiled and pointed to my position. The leader looked up and recognized me as a NAUC pilot. I scramble for my sidearm and raised it at one of the soldiers. One of them quickly pulled out a tranquilizer (how do they get slaves now????) and shoots me in the thigh. I drop my sidearm in pain, reach for the small projectile before going black.

Now. Now I feel blood.
I really can't tell where I am, but I hear a close yet distant sound of a cargo plane's propellers...

Oh.

Oh no.

Oh no.
You regain consciousness inside a transport aircraft, shackled to your seat. A look around the area shows that the plane is packed with other prisoners, mostly Mercanan and Kintharian soldiers. A handful of armed Huits keep watch over the cabin, making sure nobody tries anything. You realize that when you lost consciousness, the gun barge was still in the air, and that you don't even know how the battle went after you were downed. If the occupants of this plane are any indication, it must not have ended well.

I look to my right and to my left.
"Why?" I whimper.

I look down at my stomach and notice a crude patchwork of some sort of removed object. The bandages are bloodied, and when I move it hurts.

"Why?" I whimper.
The Kintharian sitting next to you stomps on your foot.
"Shh!"

I whimper even louder.
Being that my foot already felt like it was fractured into 2000 pieces doesn't aid me.

I whimper even louder.
One of the guards yells at you to be quiet.

Bell changes into some coveralls after taking a shower, she heads back to the barracks to grab her tablet and phone. She quickly makes her way in and out of the mess hall, grabbing a sandwich wrapped in paper. Finishing the sandwich on the way, she arrives in the squadron hangar to start doing some maintenance work on her plane.

A quick examination revealed that it was in flying condition, but a bit rough, she decided that she would work on the internals from below the aircraft. Some of the fixes involved some oiling and readjusting the position of a few parts. A few of the panels were replaced before Bell entered the roosterpit to calibrate the electronics on board.

"All done!" She muttered to herself, sitting down at a folding table in the hangar. Bell picked up her tablet and opened a Kintharian language textbook file. She mostly studied the language so that she could read some of Kintharia's technical manuals and understand the supply manifests if she became a transport pilot, which did not happen. Her hobby was looking through catalogs for military equipment. The catalogs rarely contained state-of-the-art entries because cutting edge equipment was classified, but they did provide detailed specifications for the equipment that she was using now.

She went back to the barracks to catch some sleep.

One of the guards yells at you to be quiet.
I look at his face with contorted rage but silence myself.

I look at his face with contorted rage but silence myself.
You can feel the contempt radiating off of him even behind his visor.

A Kintharian girl, small of course, sits down next to you. Her hair is surprisingly blonde, and she does not look happy. The patch on her armband has the silhouette of an aircraft, and curled around it is a furry white creature with red eyes. Raiden squadron.
"You forgeted up."
A silver-haired woman attempts to stop the young girl, she's twenty at the most. She doesn't care, and continues speaking. "You and your squadron. What the forget were you thinking, dropping that thing's propulsion. Where did you think it would go, you dumb starfish?" Her sentence is punctuated by her grabbing you roughly by the collar, and she briefly continues, "You loving weren't, were you? You just went and did the rash thing instead of thinking like some kind of retar-"
She's interrupted by a haggard-looking woman grabbing her shoulder, the other three girls in Raiden flight looking on with concern. The blonde firebrand almost doesn't stop. Almost. She shoots a glare at you, daring you to make a retort.