Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1243188 times)

[F]
king of 40 get
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:40:33 PM by Gojira »

You all take off and after a (relatively) short flight, you meet up with your AWACS.
: Greetings, Mjolnir flight. This is the Kintharian AWACS Youkai. A Mercanan strike squadron, Misfit Flight, will be joining us shortly. Until then, if you have any questions about what we're up against we'll be glad to explain.

"What's the armament on the dreadnought?"

: Unknown for certain. Appears to have a main battery consisting of three heavy cannons, bore somewhere between 40 and 50 centimeters, and a pair of unknown energy emplacements. Also, be advised that it possesses a large array of LAMS and SAM installations, so keep your distance. That's all we know for sure, but I'd put money on that thing having cruise missiles up its sleeve somewhere.

"What's its top speed? That is, how good is it at evading unguided bombs?"

: It doesn't need to evade them, it can probably just shoot them before they impact. If you want to dive-bomb a battleship like it's 4832 then be my guest, but it'll be your funeral.

"So what's our plan of attack then? Bombs are going to do the most damage, but if we can't get anything through, what then?"

: We have COMRO on board, so just come back and try again if you run out. Sheer volume of fire should be able to get through their defense though. Coordinate your attacks with your teammates and you should be fine.

"I suggest we wait for the Mercanan squadron to arrive before we take any significant action..."

"Agreed. I think that's our best option."

I look axiously at the RWR panel in the roosterpit, practically waiting for a missile to be fired at me.

"It is basically a "throw everything you have at them at once" tactic."

Hm.

"Got any torcreepes on that thing?"

"I'd imagine COMRO can't replicate torcreepes."

"Who the forget would use a torcreep? What are we in 4832? forgetin' torcreepes. Ever heard of a missile?"

"AWACS, is there any chance of getting electronic warfare assistance or ECM?

"AWACS, is there any chance of getting electronic warfare assistance or ECM?
: You know it. And here come the Mercanans, finally.

A flight of four K-20 Razorbacks appear on your radar.

: Mjolnir, this is Misfit. Hope you didn't start the party without us. We're ready to go when you are.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:25:16 AM by Qwepir »