ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232219 times)

We're the probably the stufftiest squadron in all of NAUC.
Which is why you're in Mercana pissing about with them and the Kintharians instead of fighting on the Western Front against the Zentragoths with your brothers!
disclaimer: this statement was meant in jest if you guys were fighting on the western front there would be at least one death a mission every mission which is why you aren't fighting there yet

it's not that we're a bad squadron, it's that the enemy is technologically superior and command keeps sending us against threats that need a bigger number of aircraft to handle

the enemy is technologically superior
true
command keeps sending us against threats that need a bigger number of aircraft to handle
untrue, this mission was intended to be doable with 3
Besides, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest recently so it's not like we can have huge full-squadron engagements all the time, I'm just trying to do smaller missions with varied participants to get by until we can sack the fortress-city beachhead and go on the offensive for once.

...and I'm the stufftiest pilot.

The seat hits the ground. I get out and begin collecting my things from my pilot bag. I grab my radio and begin listening in on the fight overhead.

I look around, the land is flat. The desert ground consists of sand and rocks.

hey juncoph do you wanna be the new squad leader since the last one got freemed

Name: Akemi Yui (last-first)
Nickname: Hawkeye
Piloting Preference: Multirole
Backstory: Born in 4892 and raised in Kintharia, she moved to NAUC to go to university, and decided to join the Air Force reserve to avoid student loan debt. She was always top notch in her classes, and graduated in 4913 with a bachelor's in aerospace engineering, and is now serving her ten years as a pilot. She's still trying to figure out how the hell she got "Hawkeye" as a nickname.
Description: Slightly less pale than someone in Raiden flight. About 5'5" tall, with grey eyes and regulation-length black hair.
Blood splatter on top of building in Kronovostok.
Personality: Quick-ish learner. Doesn't talk much. While normally somewhat reserved, her personality changes completely under the stress of combat, becoming a lot more hotheaded. Because she was raised in Kintharia, she speaks Kintharian.
Final Kill Tally:
|||| |||| ||| - double ace + 3
KILLED IN ACTION - Second Battle of Kronovostok
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:34:52 AM by Gojira »

on mobile so this post won't be detailed

A good old corkscrew maneuver is done to both close the distance between the Rafales and avoid enemy fire. Should be easy with the Flanker. Dump speed in a high-g maneuver to force an overshoot once they're close enough, and fire the laser with an AAM, hit afterburners to regain speed and pursue the other Rafale.

A good old corkscrew maneuver is done to both close the distance between the Rafales and avoid enemy fire. Should be easy with the Flanker. Dump speed in a high-g maneuver to force an overshoot once they're close enough, and fire the laser with an AAM, hit afterburners to regain speed and pursue the other Rafale.
The Rafales take the bait again and fly over you after hitting you with some more gunfire. Doing so lands them square in your gunsights and a few laser pulses are more than enough to finish one of them off after a hit from the AAM. The second one is now attempting to evade and get back on your tail.

Meanwhile, the Huit's AWACS opens fire on the Mercanan one with its chin gun.
: Mjolnir, we're taking fire! We need assistance ASAP!

Remaining enemy craft:
1x Rafale (close range, engaged by Kibble)
1x Huit AWACS (mid range, engaging the Mercanan AWACS)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:09:24 AM by Qwepir »

Fire an AAM at the last Rafale and use the clouds as cover to get back to the AWACS

edit:
Make that two AAMs
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:01:02 PM by Operator¹ »

hey juncoph do you wanna be the new squad leader since the last one got freemed

Suddenly, in the depths of Guerra's mind, a lever is pulled. His old Arma scripting has been activated.

He picks up a radio and announces-- on the frequency that Mjolnir aircraft communicate by--

Guerra: "Man down!"

Guerra: "4, 7, I'm the new actual"

Guerra: "4, Where are you?"

Guerra: "7, Where are you?"

Guerra: "4, Regroup"

Guerra: "7, Regroup"

Guerra: "4, SITREP"

Guerra: "7, SITREP"

arma in-jokes aside sure

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:41:44 PM by Juncoph »

Fire an AAM at the last Rafale and use the clouds as cover to get back to the AWACS

edit:
Make that two AAMs
Your sudden departure means you are unsure how much effect the missiles had on the Rafale, but you are able to quickly close with the hostile AWACS.

Remaining enemy craft:
1x Huit AWACS (close range, engaging the Mercanan AWACS)

Suddenly, in the depths of Guerra's mind, a lever is pulled. His old Arma scripting has been activated.
OH NO
ONE
IS DOWN
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:09:40 AM by Qwepir »

Bell shoots the LAMS on top of the AWACS with the LCP before firing a JSM on center-mass, she releases some chaff to hopefully evade radar tracking. She also takes the precaution of circling around the rear to avoid the chin-laser.

Bell shoots the LAMS on top of the AWACS with the LCP before firing a JSM on center-mass, she releases some chaff to hopefully evade radar tracking. She also takes the precaution of circling around the rear to avoid the chin-laser.
The LAMS goes up in flames and you manage to punch a few more holes in the top before the JSM flies up its behind. Though this still isn't enough to take it down, at least you're able to see that it didn't fire off any flares. It continues to fire on the AWACS, presumably aware that it couldn't shake you if it tried.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:09:50 AM by Qwepir »

She launches one of the JSMs at the roosterpit of the Huit AWACS before going up into the clouds to both cool down the cannon and re-evaluate the situation.