ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232393 times)

"If I wasn't in this - " he trawls off with a half scowl "You better go get ready."

"Give me a minute," Jaakko replies to Tippy.

He turns his attention back to Raiden's table.

"I guess I didn't realize the scale,"

He looks at the table blankly for a moment.

"Take who wants to help. If you need me or the Fenrir, then just ask. We shouldn't be short handed back here. I'm pretty sure Bell won't mind,"

Jaakko looks to Gus.

"But don't spring things on me like that again, just ask,"

His tone is tired again, and he heads over to Tippy.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 06:05:17 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

His tone is tired again, and he heads over to Tippy.
Tippy walks outside with Jaakko. She turns to him once alone with a scowl on her face.

"Seriously?"

It takes Jaakko a moment to deduce Tippy's mechanical scowl.

"What? You'll be going with Raiden," he answers.

It takes Jaakko a moment to deduce Tippy's mechanical scowl.

"What? You'll be going with Raiden," he answers.

Tippy crosses her arms.

"I will be regardless of what that outcome was. What i want to talk about was your behavior right in front of Raiden and your response to Gus. Look i'm not saint at it myself but have you lost all sense of tact?"

"Gus' statement was inappropriate. I'm not his parrot, and I never knew we were sending our people up to find Matsumoto today. Implying my consent was implying that I knew about these sorties in the first place. All he had to do was ask and I would have told him to go and bring Matsumoto back."

He shifts uncomfortably.

"With regards to Raiden, I have heartfelt concern,"

Jaakko's tone changes from somewhat stern to worn and tired.

"It hurts me as much as it hurts the rest of you to have left Matsumoto behind. Hell, it came down to me to make that decision…"

"Gus' statement was inappropriate. I'm not his parrot, and I never knew we were sending our people up to find Matsumoto today. Implying my consent was implying that I knew about these sorties in the first place. All he had to do was ask and I would have told him to go and bring Matsumoto back."
Tippy puts her hand on Jaakko's shoulder

"What Gus did was wrong. But your response didn't help anything and probably came across as extremely insensitive given the nature of it being in front of Raiden. You should have pulled him aside later and corrected the issue. Your decision has weighed heavily on all of us but I do understand the brunt of it is on you, lets just try the lighten the load a bit. I'm just your subordinate, but i'm your friend first before anything else. We need the Major, not a meltdown. I'm here for you too and i will support you."

Jaakko studies Tippy's face while he looks for something to say.

"I've never been that tactful of a person I suppose. At least not as tactful as I imagine myself being. Gods, I can't even think of all the arguments I've have with people in the past. I keep digging myself into a hole, and it'll kill me in the position I'm in. I'll work on it, or just keep my mouth shut," he concedes in a hushed tone.

He studies Tippy's hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you- for your support like this, or last evening. But don't forget to take care of yourself, okay?"

"Thank you- for your support like this, or last evening. But don't forget to take care of yourself, okay?"
Tippy gives Jaakko her signature unsettling grin.

"Don't worry Major, i'm already dead inside anyway. Ain't got nothing to lose on my part now."

Taya and Zombi, let me know if everything's in order.

Jaakko looks concerned.

"Taylor- you know I worry about you," Jaakko fumbles.

He is again at a loss for words.

"I don't know much about what you think about. Like I said yesterday, you talk so little. It worries me that you bottle everything up, and that you only see yourself as a 'war machine,' I guess. You have everything to lose. Everything that you've ever known. All of us. If you really bottle everything up- Gods, please. Take care of yourself, you have to- you have to..."

Again, Jaakko doesn't know what more to say, or if anything he says will be taken to heart, or if it's worth saying more. He looks deeply concerned, as his tone also shows.

"You're the closest friend I have in this squadron," he adds.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:10:50 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

Relevant people fly down to Svirask for the umpth time, where Crash and Tempest hop in a chopper to assist in the search and rescue efforts. The whole flight ships out to the site of the last mission, where even from the air, it's clear to see that the Aesthians are retaking ground quite rapidly.
: It feels strange being back here with so few friendlies. Maybe we should have taken on more help.
: I've been fighting the Goths since the war started, it's not in their nature to ambush a rescue mission. At the least, they'll give us a chance to turn around and leave before the missiles start flying.

Tippy, who would rather be in the chopper with the shiny machine guns bumps her head against the back of her seat impatiently.

"The less we talk about how few people we brought with us the less likely we loving jinx the whole thing. Does anyone remember the exact location Matsumoto's chute was heading? A rough idea to where it could have landed would be a start."

Tippy, who would rather be in the chopper with the shiny machine guns bumps her head against the back of her seat impatiently.

"The less we talk about how few people we brought with us the less likely we loving jinx the whole thing. Does anyone remember the exact location Matsumoto's chute was heading? A rough idea to where it could have landed would be a start."
: Even better. Her locator beacon's still transmitting, we're heading to where she came down. If she's smart, she won't have stuck around long, but it'll give us an idea of where to start.

Faw peers out to his left. A few kilometers north, he can see the wreckage of the Persecutor, acting as an armored hovel for Imperial troops, even if it's armament and engines were kaput. Maybe on another mission they'd come back to finish the job.

Faw clicks in over the radio.

"How active has this area been since the last mission? Is this a heavily contested neighborhood or has it been relatively peaceful?"