ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232232 times)

: How barbaric.
"I was kind of asking for it. I don't remember it too well, but I was probably asking for it."

Yui brings the aircraft down to the runway, following protocol and the tower's instructions. Her earlier mistake continues to weigh on her mind, causing her to lose focus and accidentally pull up a bit too hard on the stick, nearly forcing the Su-27 into a stall right above the ground. She manages to recover before anything happens, hitting the burners for a moment to regain control, then waves off, comes back around, and tries the landing again, this time bringing the aircraft down safely.

Word comes down from Colonel Kibble that the squadron will soon be transferring permanently to a flying carrier currently finishing construction at Tandhjulsken. Only a few weeks remain until the airship is completed, during which the entirety of Mjolnir has been granted leave.

Yui heads out to find Tippy to see if she's still up for the bar trip.

Yui heads out to find Tippy to see if she's still up for the bar trip.
Yui finds Tippy chatting with Nagato. She turns to greet her.

"Hey, Yui."
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 01:13:20 AM by Tayasaurus »

i thought there was a timeskip but k

"Hey, Tippy. Still up for the drinks you mentioned last sortie?"

Gus prepares for the move. As well as wrapping up his admittedly short instruction in the medbay, he heads to Lt. Colonel Kibble's office to inquire further about the abrupt - and permanent - transfer. He knocks on her door after being waved in by a secretary - with a start, he realises this might be his first voluntary visit to Kibble's office since Tocatlan.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:20:35 AM by CypherX »

i thought there was a timeskip but k
There was.

"Hey, Tippy. Still up for the drinks you mentioned last sortie?"
Nagato glances over at Tippy.
: Weren't we leaving today?

There was.
Nagato glances over at Tippy.
: Weren't we leaving today?

"We still have about an hour or two before we have to haul ass don't we? We've been talkin about doing this for a little bit. If not we need to probably get going."

"Lt. Colonel Kibble."

Gus salutes before taking a seat.

"I wanted to ask about our abrupt transfer to this sky carrier. Why are we being moved now, to a sky carrier no less?"

Bell closes a folder on her desk before speaking.

: The squadron is being transferred to a carrier so that we can deploy to the front lines directly and remain mobile, I suppose command wants us to deal with threats immediately instead of having a fighter wing fly from this base for an hour before they get to the action. Headquarters must be trying to replenish the air navy's sky-carrier wings ever since most of them got wiped out over the Kirazan desert.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 03:23:04 PM by Operator¹ »

"We still have about an hour or two before we have to haul ass don't we? We've been talkin about doing this for a little bit. If not we need to probably get going."
: I've seen you drunk before, you'd probably pick a fight with airport security. We should probably just go.

"Will Djuriskas and Raiden be deploying with us?"

Gus leans back in the chair, tapping his fingers on the arm rest in thought.

Jaakko is in his room, packing his things. After some deliberation, he had decided to leave Jalko and Talko with his mother in Odesza. A sky carrier would not be a good place for them. He feels conflicted, but reasons with himself that the dogs would be happier if they weren't on the carrier.