Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232437 times)

: Well that's suspect. Someone you what, Ashford?

Eremit doesn't get to hear Walt's response as Tippy enters the conversation before he gets a chance to open his mouth. Virvel shrugs Walt's hand off her shoulder and starts walking towards the hangar, grumbling.
: Rat-forget piece of stuff I swear if these forgeters try giving me a Typhoon I'm gonna run his ass over at mach two. Gonna be the most use anyone's ever got out of the damn thing. Wait, did you just call me Klara?

Meanwhile, Eremit just stands there looking cross until he notices Tippy's bag of discontinued Aesthian corn chips.
: Where did you get those?

He doesn't even sound mad anymore, just confused.

"From my plane." Tippy says crunching on another.

Jaakko interrupts.

"Tubby, quit eating that sawdust, it's slowing you down," he sneers at Tippy.

Walter looks over his shoulder briefly and then turns back to reply

"I can, if we go a little farther out of earshot. It wasn't bothering me before this sortie but now I'm feeling uneasy since having to land."
Virvel motions for you to lead the way.

Virvel motions for you to lead the way.

Walter walks some paces before beginning to speak

"I've somehow lived through the majority of this and I've watched numerous people join my squadron and be killed off, not to mention other squadrons. It hadn't bothered me as I never... mixed or clicked with them in the he first place. My squadron alone there are only three of four original members left, I've seen and met so many people being filtered through our squad only to be replaced by another person once they expired."

Walter rubs the back of his neck and puts on slightly pained expression

"Do you remember when we visited that bar and you called me fatalistic? Is there at least some perspective on that now?"

Walter walks some paces before beginning to speak

"I've somehow lived through the majority of this and I've watched numerous people join my squadron and be killed off, not to mention other squadrons. It hadn't bothered me as I never... mixed or clicked with them in the he first place. My squadron alone there are only three of four original members left, I've seen and met so many people being filtered through our squad only to be replaced by another person once they expired."

Walter rubs the back of his neck and puts on slightly pained expression

"Do you remember when we visited that bar and you called me fatalistic? Is there at least some perspective on that now?"
: Yeah? I don't see what that has to do with you suddenly acting weird though.

: Yeah? I don't see what that has to do with you suddenly acting weird though.

Walter stops

"I'm acting weird because I think you and I make a good team, and that we're equals. I'm skittish because I nearly lost that so quickly after I just got it."

Walter stops

"I'm acting weird because I think you and I make a good team, and that we're equals. I'm skittish because I nearly lost that so quickly after I just got it."
: Whoa, pump your brakes, pal. I appreciate the sentiment but saying we're equals is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

: Whoa, pump your brakes, pal. I appreciate the sentiment but saying we're equals is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Walter smiles in relief and lightly chuckles

"Yeah, Alright you've got me there. You did kick my ass that one time, but I'm willing sometime later we can settle who's better in the sky."

Walter smiles in relief and lightly chuckles

"Yeah, Alright you've got me there. You did kick my ass that one time, but I'm willing sometime later we can settle who's better in the sky."
: Once my plane is fixed, you won't stand a chance.
: Of course, I still need that replacement for the time being...

: Once my plane is fixed, you won't stand a chance.
: Of course, I still need that replacement for the time being...

"Uh huh..." Walter trails off in thought before speaking again "You've helped clean some guys off my hind when I was in the skepna, and I also lost a bet. I don't really have any smokes to give you but-" Walter finally enters the hanger with Virvel, giving her a light punch then gestures towards the Nosferatu being refueled and then puts on a taunting smile "I don't know, you seem like you might like to fly a tornado though."

"Uh huh..." Walter trails off in thought before speaking again "You've helped clean some guys off my hind when I was in the skepna, and I also lost a bet. I don't really have any smokes to give you but-" Walter finally enters the hanger with Virvel, giving her a light punch then gestures towards the Nosferatu being refueled and then puts on a taunting smile "I don't know, you seem like you might like to fly a tornado though."
: Hell no, that thing's a sitting duck. I'm going to see if they can part with one of their stolen backwards Berkuts.
: Or, you could give me the keys to that thing.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:53:20 PM by Qwepir »

: Hell no, that thing's a sitting duck. I'm going to see if they can part with one of their stolen backwards Berkuts.
: Or, you could give me the keys to that thing.

Walter just smiles before speaking again

"That's exactly what I'm implying. I have the feeling I'll have to climb back into the Skepna sooner or later, So I thought maybe you would like to get accustomed to it while you can for the future sorties. I'll outfit one of their backup planes for myself this sortie." Walter pats Virvel on her back "Try not to have too much fun."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 04:09:56 PM by Badger »

Mjolnir takes off and quickly intercepts Brynhildr as it moves north, away from Zentragothorum and the entire Austerran continent. The skies look entirely clear, save for the deserting airship. You are currently at radar range, approaching from port.

The same distance out but on the starboard side, the Aesthian Auxiliary squadron approaches with a small flight of transport VTOLs. Neither side has spotted each other, but both can see their objective ahead of them. The Brynhildr attempts to make contact with the Imperial flight after spotting the non-stealthy VTOLs.
: [Imperial planes, this is Captain Gomolka of the Brynhildr. Do you have-]
: You don't have to talk like that with us, Captain, we all speak Aesthian here.
: I see. Are you the group carrying the boarding parties?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:09:56 PM by Qwepir »

: I see. Are you the group carrying the boarding parties?

: Indeed, how is your situation on board? we haven't seen anything out here yet.

: Indeed, how is your situation on board? we haven't seen anything out here yet.
: About half the crew still wants to continue the mission, they're trying to retake the fire control center. You need to get here quickly, or they may turn the Brynhildr's guns against you. Additionally, we have just detected Aesthian fighters approaching from port. Looks like four Flankers.