ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1218890 times)

Jaakko hesitates for a moment, then wipes his face and approaches Musashi.

“Hello Musashi,” he greets quietly.

She seemed to be out of it.

Cualli feels a pang in her chest at the mention of Arkhip's hometown. The memories of their time on leave there come flooding back: Arkhip inviting her to share the bed with him at night, Arkhip getting stabbed and Cualli confessing to him in the hospital and staying by his side as he recovered, their dates together and late nights in the bars and evenings spent laid up on the couch together with hot cocoa and a movie. She has to close her eyes, feeling the tears threatening to well up in her eyes as she fights the thought that she'll never be able to have those experiences with Arkhip again.

"How come? For the observatory?" Cualli says, her voice quiet and throat tight.
: Yes. I want to visit there again.

Jaakko hesitates for a moment, then wipes his face and approaches Musashi.
“Hello Musashi,” he greets quietly.
She seemed to be out of it.
: Hello.

"Maybe we'll get to go back someday," she says. "It'd be... hard though, since Arkhip probably can't return to Aesthia, and I can't exactly just... take his house."

“I wanted to say thank you for stopping Xiaomei from shooting me down when you guys encountered us before... all this happened,” Jaakko replies quietly.

Sadness still burns his stomach thinking about Tippy, though he tries to keep it suppressed if only for a few minutes.

"Maybe we'll get to go back someday," she says. "It'd be... hard though, since Arkhip probably can't return to Aesthia, and I can't exactly just... take his house."
: That is disappointing.

“I wanted to say thank you for stopping Xiaomei from shooting me down when you guys encountered us before... all this happened,” Jaakko replies quietly.

Sadness still burns his stomach thinking about Tippy, though he tries to keep it suppressed if only for a few minutes.
: Psshh. It seemed like it would be a waste to shoot you down. Wouldn't have been the first time you fought alongside the enemy to stop a nuclear exchange. And honestly, they really needed all the help they could get.

"Which part in particular? Arkhip not being able to move us back to Moratov?"

"And we barely stopped them anyway..." Jaakko laments, "Thank the Gods- but we lost so much stopping them."

He glances at Musashi's now-useless feet, then looks at the floor. His mind is blank, and Jaakko can't seem to come up with anything else to say.

"Sorry," he says reflexively.

"Oh, I'm thinking about going to Kintharia, but I don't know what I'd do once I get there,"
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 06:12:41 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

"Which part in particular? Arkhip not being able to move us back to Moratov?"
: Not getting to go to the observatory.

"And we barely stopped them anyway..." Jaakko laments, "Thank the Gods- but we lost so much stopping them."

He glances at Musashi's now-useless feet, then looks at the floor. His mind is blank, and Jaakko can't seem to come up with anything else to say.

"Sorry," he says reflexively.

"Oh, I'm thinking about going to Kintharia, but I don't know what I'd do once I get there,"
: We have some very nice national parks up north, in the mountains. I'd like to live there. Maybe I'll move out there...

Cualli leans on Elu again. "Maybe if we can't go back, I'll buy you a telescope so you can look at the stars whenever you want. The views might not be as nice if we're stuck in the Imperium, but... it'd be something, yeah?"

"I never thought I'd be wanting to see Odesza's frozen-ass tundra again, and that loving steel mill..."

Jaakko gives a weak smile.

"Hell, I guess I'll have to learn how to drive good, never did have to drive much back then... Half the time I would ride a snow mobile..."

She adjusts herself to get a better look at Ellie, trying her best to turn her body sideways.

"It's hard for me to believe," Ajka says, "The last thing I remembered was a missile on my tail. And then I woke up at a field hospital."

She goes over the events leading up to her last memory of that day.

"What happened there? I remember the remaining two carriers getting destroyed, but the two gunships and the flagship were mere moments away from impacting." She has an astonished look on her face, the full weight of what had happened slowly settling in. "How were we able to do it?"

"..Well, we were able to take out the cruisers on our own, but Walt went in and crashed his craft into the carrier.."

Ellie trails off, pausing for a few seconds.

"The Ardea came in and finished it off before it could deploy any bombs, though Jaakko was able to take out the bridge by then."

"..Well, we were able to take out the cruisers on our own, but Walt went in and crashed his craft into the carrier.."

Ellie trails off, pausing for a few seconds.

"The Ardea came in and finished it off before it could deploy any bombs, though Jaakko was able to take out the bridge by then."
"I see."

Ajka takes a moment, ruminating on the sacrifices of the Aesthian auxillary unit.

"I suppose Walt was the one who shot down the Sol, right?"

Cualli leans on Elu again. "Maybe if we can't go back, I'll buy you a telescope so you can look at the stars whenever you want. The views might not be as nice if we're stuck in the Imperium, but... it'd be something, yeah?"
: I would like that.

"I never thought I'd be wanting to see Odesza's frozen-ass tundra again, and that loving steel mill..."

Jaakko gives a weak smile.

"Hell, I guess I'll have to learn how to drive good, never did have to drive much back then... Half the time I would ride a snow mobile..."
Musashi just smiles and closes her eyes, nodding slightly. The lack of movement is enough for Crash to realize that she hasn't moved her arms either for the entire conversation.

The realization wipes the weak smile off of Jaakko’s face. Her paralysis was more extensive than he’d thought. He felt bad for her. She was alive, which was more than he could say for his squadron. He wondered that if he were in her position, would he be able to put up with being paralyzed from the neck down?

Would he rather be dead? Tippy was dead-

Tippy.

Jaakko realizes he’s been staring at Musashi’s motionless limbs.

“Sorry,” he apologizes purposelessly.

“Do you think that the war is over now?” he asks in a somber tone.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:19:53 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

Cualli reaches over and tries to take Elu's hand as best she can, what with them both being handcuffed and all, and gives it an affectionate squeeze.

"I'm glad you're still with me," she says after another long silence. Elu, at least, was the one thing grounding her throughout everything. As long as she still had him by her side, Cualli thought, she'd be okay.