Author Topic: Build loading area placement  (Read 1390 times)

I couldn't think of a clear title, but what i am suggesting is some type of client sided add-on that would allow the user to decide where a build they are going to load will be instead of having it load in the same area it was built in.

buildbot can do that, but it doesn't use events and its sorta slow

I want to avoid using build-bot if possible, whenever i use it i either crashes or takes too long. i was wondering if there could be an alternative. I would also like the events, prints, brick ownership, etc.

The only way to do this client sidedly would be using BuildBot.

Super easy to do it server sided.

I would also like the events, prints, brick ownership
Those already exist. Search for them.

What i mean is i want all the events and everything already put on the bricks. basically i need a very large, full map duplicator.

Enter $LoadOffset = "x y z"; in console to load bricks at that offset.

He wants it to be client sided.

But..
What i mean is i want all the events and everything already put on the bricks. basically i need a very large, full map duplicator.
Can't happen client sided.

it doesn't have to necessarily he client sided or anything, i just used that for a loss of better words.

my friend (who i am posting this thread on behalf of) is having difficulty. to what i understand he wants to move in 1/3 increments (Like plates). how would you do so?

it doesn't have to necessarily he client sided or anything, i just used that for a loss of better words.

my friend (who i am posting this thread on behalf of) is having difficulty. to what i understand he wants to move in 1/3 increments (Like plates). how would you do so?
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=275725.0

why can't this be done client sided?
the client has to upload the file to the server, so why not modify it and put it in a temporary file, then send that to the server?