Author Topic: Dear Society, Please Stop With the Race Card  (Read 8952 times)

Um, would highly disagree. Why am I spending half of my school year on black culture if it's an "extreme oversight"?
Either this is hyperbole or you accidentally enrolled in an African-American studies class.

eventually i'm gonna make an ACDC parody

Black in Back

Unless you're older than 18, I highly recommend you listen when you're in history, instead of sleeping. Sorry, but there's no more annoying person than the guy who fails every test and claims "I was never taught that!"
I make A's in history class, and my history teacher is black himself. Shut the forget up.

It's called individual people being tribal starfishs. There are a lot of these individuals, but comparatively to the whole population, it's a fairly small group of people, and it's steadily declining. Some areas are more tribal than others, and will take more time to make the group become smaller.
I'm sorry for making this big of a fuss. I'm just tired of seeing the same tribal stuff posted about black people here on the forums, and I'm tired of seeing tribal comments every time a black person is mentioned just about anywhere on the internet. I know you say that tribal people are the minority, but why is it that I always see such mean comments made about us on the internet? It's not like I even look for them. And I really hate that the way I speak is considered to be talking white.

I make A's in history class, and my history teacher is black himself. Shut the forget up.
I'm sorry for making this big of a fuss. I'm just tired of seeing the same tribal stuff posted about black people here on the forums, and I'm tired of seeing tribal comments every time a black person is mentioned just about anywhere on the internet. I know you say that tribal people are the minority, but why is it that I always see such mean comments made about us on the internet? It's not like I even look for them. And I really hate that the way I speak is considered to be talking white.

Okay man, no need to get upset. I apologize. We must just have different curriculum.

If it wasn't for black history month, the only thing I'd know about my culture was that we were enslaved and the Civil Rights Era.

Maybe it's just my district or something, but literally the only thing we get taught during Black History Month is the Civil Rights Movement.

And again, maybe it's just Jersey, or hell, just my district, but the history classes I've been in so far are far from white people-focused. Stuff like ancient Egypt, the Ottomans, ancient Japan, and so forth. Granted, classes that focus on US history are going to be mostly about white people, but to be honest, the majority of people who did the major things in the first 200 years or so of the US's history were white.

It just kind of confuses me a little when people say "every other month is white history month".

i like tribals far more then feminists

RACE CARD
RACE CARD

i like tribals far more then feminists

yeah at least racism can be kinda funny at times

It just kind of confuses me a little when people say "every other month is white history month".
as far as i know, the amount of curriculums in america focused on asian, middle eastern, and african history pale in comparison to those on the US and Europe.

RACE CARD!!!!!!

Are you just posting random stuff for no reason?

as far as i know, the amount of curriculums in america focused on asian, middle eastern, and african history pale in comparison to those on the US and Europe.

Alright, fair enough.

Maybe it's just my district or something, but literally the only thing we get taught during Black History Month is the Civil Rights Movement.

And again, maybe it's just Jersey, or hell, just my district, but the history classes I've been in so far are far from white people-focused. Stuff like ancient Egypt, the Ottomans, ancient Japan, and so forth. Granted, classes that focus on US history are going to be mostly about white people, but to be honest, the majority of people who did the major things in the first 200 years or so of the US's history were white.

See, this guy gets it.