Author Topic: [FORUM REQUEST] Make quotes automatically snip [IMG] tags.  (Read 1720 times)

In order to stop people from quoting entire topics, I propose a simple solution of making it so that when you hit the quote button(or 'insert quote' if you're already posting a message) that IMG tags and their contents are removed from the quote in a manner similar to that of how quoting someone automatically removes any quotes inside of that one quote to prevent pyramids.

/support

EDIT:
I'd rather have it auto insert [noBBC][/noBBC] Tags around the [img][/img] tags.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:07:10 PM by Hawt »

I'd rather have it auto insert [noBBC][/noBBC] Tags around the [img][/img] tags.

I normally do that too but in reality it makes more sense to just replace the [img] tags with [url] tags.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/vZKsOMt.png[/img] becomes [url]http://i.imgur.com/vZKsOMt.png[/url]

this isn't going to happen, but you can use stylish (chrome or firefox) to fix the problem in a different way

this is what I use for my stylesheet for this forum

img {
  max-width: 1500px;
}
img.avatar {
  max-width: 75px;
}
.quote img {
  max-width: 100px;
  max-height: 100px;
}

the first part makes images in posts not exceed 1500 pixels wide, which prevents page stretching
the first part also breaks badspot's fix for those avatars that people managed to make bigger than 75x75 pixels, which the second part re-fixes
the last part makes any images in quotes have a maximum size of 100x100 pixels

you should be able to change any of it easily. if you really don't want to see images in quotes at all, just set the two "100px" values to "0px"
or you could use this instead of it

.quote img {
  display: none;
}

which makes them not show up at all

This actually would be quite relieving...

This actually would be quite relieving...
a solution has been posted. badspot isn't gonna add it to the forum itself, guaranteed. so that's pretty much your only option, but I guess you could use a userscript if you wanted a worse solution

a solution has been posted. badspot isn't gonna add it to the forum itself, guaranteed. so that's pretty much your only option, but I guess you could use a userscript if you wanted a worse solution
Thanks man! Really fixes some of the samples provided in the OP.

this isn't going to happen, but you can use stylish to fix the problem in a different way

the first part makes images in posts not exceed 1500 pixels wide, which prevents page stretching
the first part also breaks badspot's fix for those avatars that people managed to make bigger than 75x75 pixels, which the second part re-fixes

you should be able to change any of it easily. if you really don't want to see images in quotes at all, just set the two "100px" values to "0px"

Thanks, tested this out for a bit and it's really neat.

this isn't going to happen, but you can use stylish (chrome or firefox) to fix the problem in a different way

img {
  max-width: 1500px;
}
img.avatar {
  max-width: 75px;
}
.quote img {
  max-width: 100px;
  max-height: 100px;
}

.quote img {
  display: none;
}

Posted to userstyles.org.
https://userstyles.org/styles/111399/blf-image-regulator
EDIT: There seems to be multiple themes that stop pagestretches. Oops.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:49:16 PM by Mr Queeba »

Posted to userstyles.org.
https://userstyles.org/styles/111399/blf-image-regulator
EDIT: There seems to be multiple themes that stop pagestretches. Oops.
uh
I don't really care, it's like ten lines of code. but generally speaking, you really shouldn't post something that someone else made to a website like that, without at least asking first. especially if posting it to the website involves choosing a license for it