0 (0%)
smoll wise mom
3 (4.2%)
teen mom
0 (0%)
dorito tuxedo mom
11 (15.3%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Steven Universe Megathread - The Discourse  (Read 127117 times)

found this amazing bit of fanart

That should be Stevonnie
^
Stevonnie with that sword/shield combo is the best thing.

read through this whole post, i'm convinced they got most of this right. (if not all of it)
I actually started on a theory about this a while back. I looked it up and turns out the 3 Diamond Authority thing has some pretty deep foundation. I only recently came to believe the Rose = Pink Diamond theory when I saw 4 diamonds on an ancient battlefield, alongside the current Diamonds.

im not even into mlp anymore, so my avatar of over 2 years has to go, it was a hard choice

I just made this in photoshop

yo, listen. this may be a sin but, I've never seen an episode of Steven Universe in my life. I'm aware of what it is, but just haven't seen it. so uh persuade me to watch it or some stuff I guess

steven universe is a cartoon that basically has the comedic value and humor for kids to enjoy it and painfully deep backstory and implications for teens/adults to watch it. animations good, music is great, and it's just a great ride as it lets you escape to the wonderful world steven lives in.

yo, listen. this may be a sin but, I've never seen an episode of Steven Universe in my life. I'm aware of what it is, but just haven't seen it. so uh persuade me to watch it or some stuff I guess

On the foreground, it looks like a Tumblerina heaven that's just stupid and goofy, mostly because CN wouldn't show it if it wasn't. But it really is pretty cool once you get further into it. I was basically coerced to watch it by some of my Tumblr SJW friends, who were all about its twisting of gender/loveuality norms in cartoons. I didn't care about that, but by even episode 2 they start to hint at a much, much bigger plot that spans the entire galaxy, and leads to some pretty epic fighting.

In general, it is just a fantastic cartoon. The writing is good, the animation is good, and the growing backstory proves to be more and more interesting as the episodes progress. I hated it at first, but I soon learned there was much more than a chubby kid being dorky. Much, much more.

I'd tell you more, but I would hate to spoil anything. Just trust me, it gets exciting and dark and builds an incredible history behind it all that is simply not to be missed.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:20:34 AM by Narkro555 »

I actually started on a theory about this a while back. I looked it up and turns out the 3 Diamond Authority thing has some pretty deep foundation. I only recently came to believe the Rose = Pink Diamond theory when I saw 4 diamonds on an ancient battlefield, alongside the current Diamonds.
ye

also THIS PLACE HELO in the actual arena, all the pink diamondy stuff is destroyed (p sure this has been posted before in this thread) and apparently that was where some of the first battles on earth took place

pink diamond = rose quartz becoming more and more apparent

it's amazing and you should watch it immediately. nice show all-around. there's so much thought put into everything from the story to the musical direction and it's fantastic and amazing and i love it

it starts off a bit slow but it picks up HARD

steven universe is a cartoon that basically has the comedic value and humor for kids to enjoy it and painfully deep backstory and implications for teens/adults to watch it. animations good, music is great, and it's just a great ride as it lets you escape to the wonderful world steven lives in.
On the foreground, it looks like a Tumblerina heaven that's just stupid and goofy, mostly because CN wouldn't show it if it wasn't. But it really is pretty cool once you get further into it. I was basically coerced to watch it by some of my Tumblr SJW friends, who were all about its twisting of gender/loveuality norms in cartoons. I didn't care about that, but by even episode 2 they start to hint at a much, much bigger plot that spans the entire galaxy, and leads to some pretty epic fighting.

In general, it is just a fantastic cartoon. The writing is good, the animation is good, and the growing backstory proves to be more and more interesting as the episodes progress. I hated it at first, but I soon learned there was much more than a chubby kid being dorky. Much, much more.

I'd tell you more, but I would hate to spoil anything. Just trust me, it gets exciting and dark and builds an incredible history behind it all that is simply not to be missed.
it's amazing and you should watch it immediately. nice show all-around. there's so much thought put into everything from the story to the musical direction and it's fantastic and amazing and i love it

it starts off a bit slow but it picks up HARD
welp, guess I gotta start watching now considering they're already like 60+ episodes. Better catch up while I can lordy.

the episodes are only like eleven minutes long you can burn through them like oil or something that burns rly quickly

also i haven't tried this but this is from one of the crew members
oh also because it's important this was the intended watching order of season 1

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:30:54 AM by otto-san »

I'd like to point out that my favorite episode of all time remains to be the two-part episode "The Return/Jailbreak." Unfortunately it's towards the end of season 1 but god damn is it awesome.