0 (0%)
smoll wise mom
3 (4.2%)
teen mom
0 (0%)
dorito tuxedo mom
11 (15.3%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Steven Universe Megathread - The Discourse  (Read 127268 times)

im just gonna shorten this post i found, again, on tumbly dot com for simplicity's sake, but peridot's proportions are super weird. for someone who is theorized to be a high-tech pearl, she doesnt seem like the classic lanky kind of pearl. and her foot came off so it's clear she has robotic enhancements.

this makes her seem a little short, but it also kinda makes sense in combination with the theory that peridot was recently created by homeworld, making her a 'newborn.' if you haven't heard of that theory, just think about how she's surprised at her weapons being used, and doesn't seem very experienced with them. also she acts like a forgetin baby OWNED !!!!

but how does she control the fingers

Now it makes sense how she blew her foot off and was fine. She's definitely augmented.

yeah, drawing peri is super weird, and i've been wondering that since i noticed how goofy her proportions are

i doubt a gem would be able to just detach their foot like that. actually, garnet is able to detach her fists (leaving no hands, see: reformed i think) so who knows

i hate this theory the most

I find it really dumb and if that's the case is be pretty disappointed

i hate this theory the most

I find it really dumb and if that's the case is be pretty disappointed
wtf why would you be disappointed to find out that peridot is Smoll

also she definitely has a helmet on, even though i absolutely want that to be her hair
well if it wasn't a helmet that would be hilarious but
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:21:03 PM by Kimon² »

wtf why would you be disappointed to find out that peridot is Smoll
idk it would take a lot of getting used to and I already like how peridot looks

Besides like Otto said, garnet can do the body detachment thing too but no ones drawing up smoll arms for her

idk it would take a lot of getting used to and I already like how peridot looks

Besides like Otto said, garnet can do the body detachment thing too but no ones drawing up smoll arms for her
that's because garnet's fists ARE her weapon. unless peridot's weapon was her body, i doubt it would be the same thing.

that's because garnet's fists ARE her weapon. unless peridot's weapon was her body, i doubt it would be the same thing.
also the head to body proportions would look loving stupid for a character who is supposed to be taken seriously as the current protagonist

I just don't like it, basically it's my opinion and stuff

also the head to body proportions would look loving stupid for a character who is supposed to be taken seriously as the current protagonist
thats why she has all the robot stuff on currently

someone convince me to watch this show with reasons other than "it's really good". i was planning on watching it sometime because there must be a reason why people love it so much other than opinions

someone convince me to watch this show with reasons other than "it's really good". i was planning on watching it sometime because there must be a reason why people love it so much other than opinions

one - it's interesting story with interesting characters -
two - amazing music
three - the great artstyle
four - peridot
five - everythign else
like a couple pages back people explain why this is such a good show

On the foreground, it looks like a Tumblerina heaven that's just stupid and goofy, mostly because CN wouldn't show it if it wasn't. But it really is pretty cool once you get further into it. I was basically coerced to watch it by some of my Tumblr SJW friends, who were all about its twisting of gender/loveuality norms in cartoons. I didn't care about that, but by even episode 2 they start to hint at a much, much bigger plot that spans the entire galaxy, and leads to some pretty epic fighting.

In general, it is just a fantastic cartoon. The writing is good, the animation is good, and the growing backstory proves to be more and more interesting as the episodes progress. I hated it at first, but I soon learned there was much more than a chubby kid being dorky. Much, much more.

I'd tell you more, but I would hate to spoil anything. Just trust me, it gets exciting and dark and builds an incredible history behind it all that is simply not to be missed.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:48:04 PM by bestguy22 »

https://youtu.be/LnZjt6k9Ry8?t=15s

im just gonna shorten this post i found, again, on tumbly dot com for simplicity's sake, but peridot's proportions are super weird. for someone who is theorized to be a high-tech pearl, she doesnt seem like the classic lanky kind of pearl. and her foot came off so it's clear she has robotic enhancements.
yeah also she sounds really heavy when she walks around n stuff