Poll

What is the fate of the "Community Projects Board"?

Merge with off-topic
39 (7.7%)
Merge with creativity
67 (13.2%)
Change to content threads/forum games
281 (55.5%)
Leave it like it is
85 (16.8%)
Delete board
34 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 506

Author Topic: POLL: Merge this board with another?  (Read 74638 times)

I think changing its name to relate to forum games would make the most sense

usually if people are looking to collaborate for an art project, they just go to creativity

also the thing is this board pretty much turned into the /tg/ of BLF. sure, there are small forum games but that wasn't really what this was before.... which is kind sad imo. i mean, i can see why forum games are kept out of off-topic but then i feel like those being moved here overlaps the traditional games and waters the whole board down into this situation.

yeah, there should really be some separation between the actual forum game projects and the stuff that's just 'x the above user!!!!!!!!!!'

I think its best to change it to the forum games type of board since then it would be easily organized and it should keep other forum games in off topic to the forum games board. It would be well organized like that

Leave it as-is or give it a name change. I love forum games but they don't need to be clogging up Off Topic.

I think changing the name would be the best. "Community Projects" is very vague.

Community Projects was for art? Didn't know that. When I first saw it it was forum games and Qweipir doing the TACO PIG thread.

Rename CP to Forum Games or something?

I think changing the name would be the best. "Community Projects" is very vague.

i uh
think there's a clear winner

The thing is, there is a different type of "game" per say in the actual off-topic section: those are stuffty.

We here in Community Projects like our little corner that isn't disturbed by handicaps but I think people sometimes have no loving idea what "Community Projects" is.
I'd go for the name change. Merging with Off-Topic would be ridiculous.

keep it as is or rename, personally community projects always made sense to me as a name since it was community driven projects like nation roleplays, forum adventures, etc.

but hey name changes are harmless and that gets the point across more so

here's my thoughts on two ways of doing this. i don't wanna get rid of forum games completely because i know some people still like them but i dont want them to take over a board like this or off-topic because the previous would clog that board up and the latter would kinda kill the board since i dont really see forum games as that solid.
id rather try and dissipate them - not get rid of them completely, but rather let them slow down so they don't become a pest to any board.

first way of doing this is probably not an ideal means of doing so but may be a bit more surefire and swift. you could move the actual forum games (aka x above user and stuff like that) to off-topic - and hear me out - seeing as people won't like this, it'll kill the popularity for forum games. this will wither down on forum games in general to the ones that have been around for like 7 years and all that and keep lesser ones away. of course, this comes with the price of relying on bothering people in order for it to work.
i decided this was dumb

the second way is probably much better. change the name to something like "Adventure/Roleplay Games" or something along the lines of that instead of making the topic about forum games. this'll probably stop forum games a bit less and allow for more /tg/ like content. this may not work but i honestly like the title more than "Content/Forum Games".
matter of fact, what does 'Content Games' mean?

First time I've seen a new stickied post in years.

Changing the name would be a more suitable option, merging it would probably just cause a big mess. Changing it to Forum Games/Adventures would be fine.

keep it as is or rename, personally community projects always made sense to me as a name since it was community driven projects like nation roleplays, forum adventures, etc.

I wonder what's gonna win