POLL: Merge this board with another?

Poll

What is the fate of the "Community Projects Board"?

Merge with off-topic
39 (7.7%)
Merge with creativity
67 (13.2%)
Change to content threads/forum games
281 (55.5%)
Leave it like it is
85 (16.8%)
Delete board
34 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 506

Author Topic: POLL: Merge this board with another?  (Read 74623 times)

Sounds like an ok idea to merge the two, but it would probably be more suited as a "Forum games" thread, seeing as how there are already tons of forum games here, and the benefit of keeping the off-topic board a bit cleaner. Most people with a "Community Project" of the sorts post in Creativity, Mod Discussion, or the Gallery anyways

Ninja: 69th vote

I think changing the name would be the best. "Community Projects" is very vague.

This. Off Topic receives the stupid game threads possibly because no one knows where to post them. Creativity is mostly artistic or music things that may or may not be related to the forums/Blockland, and tends to already be more active than the Community Projects board.

Change name to Forum Games/Adventures/etc rather than dump it in Off Topic.

please do this

yeah, this would be preferable

i hope the poll is indicative of this happening

I think just "Forum Games" is an alright name, but I have a feeling that people in the Games Board might spill over here and have to have topics moved.  Additionally, I have a feeling that users will begin to put up topics about "Why is there no imbedded flash games in this board" or something.  Perhaps "Community Games" or something, to indicate that the board is Community-driven, which it has been for a long time.  I don't exactly like the word "Adventures, because it implies a specific type of topic within this board that does not really indicate all of what happens here.

Additionally, I have a feeling that users will begin to put up topics about "Why is there no imbedded flash games in this board" or something. Perhaps "Community Games" or something, to indicate that the board is Community-driven, which it has been for a long time.

Change the name to the SWAT One Board.
I see how it is :(

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:01:27 PM by SWAT One »

If we're naming a entire board after someone, I would not be the first candidate, I would hope.
Yes you would

I think just "Forum Games" is an alright name, but I have a feeling that people in the Games Board might spill over here and have to have topics moved.  Additionally, I have a feeling that users will begin to put up topics about "Why is there no imbedded flash games in this board" or something.  Perhaps "Community Games" or something, to indicate that the board is Community-driven, which it has been for a long time.  I don't exactly like the word "Adventures, because it implies a specific type of topic within this board that does not really indicate all of what happens here.
true, maybe simply "Traditional/Roleplay Games" would be good. wait was that my original suggestion

I see how it is :(
I didn't know you still posted. :P

How about Earth RP master race.
That would do, lol.

true, maybe simply "Traditional/Roleplay Games" would be good. wait was that my original suggestion
I don't mean to sound overly-critical, but I wonder what your reasons are to name it that.  As the Board is currently—and vaguely-named, it allows for a wide range of content not limited to Roleplay games, or whatever you mean by "Traditional".  (Please explain this bit, because I don't know what you're talking about.)  Adventures are pretty common, as are a few combat simulators, both of these I think need to be accommodated equally within the Board title.