Author Topic: can we talk about the state of servers on this game right now?  (Read 10483 times)

Pictured: Kimon trying to improve the state of servers

Pictured: Kimon trying to improve the state of servers

this game has so much potential, and i hate seeing it go to waste.
and i hate seeing it go to waste.
i hate seeing it go to waste.

Those two screenshots are the tip of the iceburg, he kept on spamming and trolling constantly

just posting more of what ike posted

ugh, the community is just terrible isnt it

Those two screenshots are the tip of the iceburg, he kept on spamming and trolling constantly
but dank memes will save blockland from dying!1

it's tough work to make a quality server but there are people who are dedicated

we have a very creative modding community that makes awesome stuff on a regular basis, we just need more people that are willing to create a more complete gameplay experience for the community. and after working with people like armageddon, i know those people are out there, they just don't have all the tools or resources they need to make the servers they want to make. that's why the majority of my modding these days isn't specifically to create an experience, but to provide the tools to help someone make the experience they envision. and i'm not the only one either, i think that's kinda the heart of our modding community in a lot of ways

1. SvH is still public but nobody hosts it (granted, it needs some fixing up)
2. The Craftsmen are currently working on dungons..... opf deth.....

Though I'd have to agree with you in general. A week or two ago one of the most popular servers was a "honor student" rp.

i can host it

You are part of the problem.  Don't complain about it, fix it.  Make a fun game mode and post it for other people to use.  If you make ANYTHING fun at ALL, release it.  And then: don't join stuffty servers.  If there's a crappy server, don't join it.  If there's a fun server with 2 people, join that one and invite more people. 

Badspot made the Gamemode feature so people could easily host fun servers... But, instead of using it, people complained about it and kept making private gamemodes.

to be fair, gamemodes don't make it any easier to create an enjoyable experience. they just streamline the process of distributing it and hosting it once it's completed

2. The Craftsmen are currently working on dungons..... opf deth.....

Though I'd have to agree with you in general. A week or two ago one of the most popular servers was a "honor student" rp.
omg amade isn't dead
coolio

Posting this here because cloud flare has blocked me from sending this as a PM. This is in reply to a rant that was sent to me by a dude named Kimon (which I'm assuming is the same dude.) This was meant to be an email reply.

I'm going to be frank, this server has great potential but by god was it executed poorly. Your apathy to in-server complaints seems to have really rubbed off on the fans of your server, as their only attitude on the matter is "if you don't like it then get out."

I am not "apathetic" to in-server complaints.

Apathetic - showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern

I listened to most everything you said, which should give an indication that I do have interest in what you're saying. (if I didn't have any interest, why would I listen?) I gave very good counterpoints to most of your complaints, which shows enthusiasm. But after evaluating your points, why don't I show concern? This will hopefully become apparent in the rest of this reply.

I seriously have seen at least 3 people on this server admit that they think of themselves as an imbecile, and it's actually really depressing. I guess it can't be helped though, the way this server is designed draws in that special kind of moron.

I haven't seen this happen and I don't understand how this is even relevant. Sounds like they just have some personal problems.

I am dead serious when I say this is formatted in the same snaky, manipulate fashion as those pay-to-win games on the Iphone appstore. There is a limited amount of "energy" to be shared across the server, and preventing one party from owning all of it should be a fundamental in this server. But it isn't. There are no limits preventing this, because in your words "people don't like limits."

If you read the title of the server before you joined, you would've seen:

Base Raiders v1.41

"Raiders" means people who raid. If you define raid, you'll see a lot of definitions pertaining to to "stealing" or "seizing" property. I purposely made limited power to encourage raiding. This is a core concept of the server and I it does not concern me.

Next, there are people left squabbling to spend enough time on your server to actually get a decent head start in this server. There are 3 kinds of people on this server. The ones who are winning, the ones who are ok with losing, and the starfishs. The starfishs get so fed up of losing that they resort to tactics that are cheap, antagonizing, and worst of all, personally permitted by you. The server rules have plenty of loopholes, and you are pretty damn eager to defend those who use those loopholes.

Depending on what time you join the server, a lot of resources might be controlled by players who held them from an earlier point in time. This does not concern me as this is a core concept of the game.

I do not encourage people to be rude. You should have noticed this when I told you and Artemis to stop talking when you were arguing and you should have further noticed this when I kicked both of you for continuing to argue. Maybe I should've done a little more and banned both of you instead.

There are no "loopholes" in the rules. As I said before, I chose my words very carefully when I wrote them. What you might be referring to is "working around the rules." This is not "breaking the rules" and yes it is totally fine.

Hell, most of these problems would be solved with a rule like "no antagonizing or 'trolling.'" If I didn't still have a sliver of faith in you as a host, I would say you actively participate in this. Thus, the starfishs not only feel safe enough to resort to cheap tactics, but now feel assured by you that they can't antagonize and attack players. After all, the host sure as hell won't stop them.

You haven't been around long enough (or in the case of yesterday, haven't been aware enough) to know that I have intervened if people get too rude. I do allow people to be a little rude because this is Blockland.

These "cheap tactics" are within the rules.

The people accepting loss are usually ignorant enough to be placated by this low entertainment, so they'll definitely be among the crowd saying "if you don't like it leave. We don't want to hear what you have to say" if you paid any attention to your server at all, you should know that this is their attitude exactly. It should go without saying, but the ones who are winning are also among this crowd. Why should they care about disparity, they're rolling in prosperity! The starfishs, of course would be in the same crowd, especially because the starfishs become the winners eventually. Nothing stopping them from being starfishs means they get the easy street to victory. Hey even if they're none of those things, they'll be antagonizing the critic anyways.

Either you don't actually like the whole concept of base raiders and the people telling you to leave are giving you good advice, or you're mixing me up with the people who don't want to listen (which I am listening, so stop including me with them.)

Here's my conclusion. You seem to dislike everything that makes this server what it is. If you want equality for everyone, then this server is not for you. This is why a lot of people say to you: "if you don't like it then leave." You're essentially saying "I don't like this server!" and when people tell you to leave you're confused as to why they'd say such a thing.

i can host it
The gamemode's on my mediafire. Let me know if it gives you any trouble. That goes for everyone

The gamemode's on my mediafire. Let me know if it gives you any trouble. That goes for everyone
alright, thanks