Blockland Glass Mod Manager [Released!]

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Mod Manager [Released!]  (Read 34324 times)

It's supposed to be a diagnostics page in the case that something goes wrong during the upload process. Given how volatile session have been recently, it may be related. I'll investigate.

The publish button should become active when you've entered a valid filename. What browser are you on? What's the file name you're trying to input?
Safari. Brick_4xSpawn.

EDIT: I guess the problem was Safari. When I tried Google Crome it worked fine until I got to step 3:

DOUBLE EDIT: The file name thing also wouldn't work on Firefox.

TRIPLE EDIT: I tried a second time with Google Crome and the link appeared in step 3 this time(like with Nexus).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 01:46:23 PM by jes00 »

I think we should be able to put some info in with an application, just basing it off of the add-ons we've uploaded isn't enough imo. Also the cancel button doesn't seem to do anything in the application.

A few things:

Welcome Pecon as our first reviewer!

On the final upload page, I accidentally left out the redirect when I rewrote it a few weeks ago. It should redirect now, and if it does encounter an error, it'll print more info so I can debug better.

I'm still not sure what causes the multiple-concurrent-session bug, but I believe I've fixed it. Any "logged out" session is now immediately destroyed after the page loads, so it won't stick around.

My session is expiring instantly while using my phone.

Also, I'm interested in becoming a reviewer but I'm not seeing the application anywhere.

My session is expiring instantly while using my phone.

Also, I'm interested in becoming a reviewer but I'm not seeing the application anywhere.
You have to upload 2+ add-ons, and it will appear at the bottom of your add-on list.

You need a category for environments, and probably music too while you are at it.

Also I got the same bug from before where I got to part 3 and just got a page with some text and no links anywhere.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:51:34 PM by Nexus »

Environments have been added.

I feel like music will be more trouble than it's worth. I'm going to take the same stance on that as RTB, it isn't worth doing the copyright background research on each uploaded song. Majority of Blockland music is technically illegal.

Per Greek2Me's request,

This isn't live yet, I want to make sure it won't break anything. After it is moved over, I'll (and maybe with Greek's help) move over the current "Scripts" in to their correct categories using our nifty new Moderator tools.

Any thoughts? I'm considering moving "Environments" to "Content"

I like it more, separating server and client scripts is good.

Per Greek2Me's request,

http://i.imgur.com/QmqBOND.png

This isn't live yet, I want to make sure it won't break anything. After it is moved over, I'll (and maybe with Greek's help) move over the current "Scripts" in to their correct categories using our nifty new Moderator tools.

Any thoughts? I'm considering moving "Environments" to "Content"

I think the distinction between server mods and content is a little iffy.  How about something that groups together vehicles, weapons, and gamemodes?  Those seem to go together from a user perspective.  Other stuff is a bit more difficult.
I would categorize Tools, Events, and server scripts together, but other people might not.

If you want to keep your categorization, I would swap environments and tools, and move emotes under Miscellaneous.

Also would I categorize one of my usual mods under GUI Clients, GUI Edits, or Client scripts?  They are usually mods that replace default interfaces so you can make a case for any of those.  GUI Edits seems like the strongest case, but I think the intention of that category is for reskins and not reworks.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:42:26 PM by Nexus »

GUI Edits is for anything that modifies the way Blockland looks, for the most part aesthetically. GUI Clients are, for example, a CityRPG's custom gui. Everything else that's client sided would fall in to Client Scripts.

Content is just generally anything that has a model or an image and doesn't modify the way the the game is played. I'll move environments over to that, actually.

GUI Edits is for anything that modifies the way Blockland looks, for the most part aesthetically. GUI Clients are, for example, a CityRPG's custom gui. Everything else that's client sided would fall in to Client Scripts.

Content is just generally anything that has a model or an image and doesn't modify the way the the game is played. I'll move environments over to that, actually.

I wouldn't call my mods scripts, but okay.  I agree with moving environments to content, but I also think tools would make more sense in the server mods section.  Even though under the hood they are extremely similar to weapons, the people browsing the add-ons are going to think of them more like server scripts.

Emotes is probably a pretty niche category and makes sense to me under misc.

Instead of failing them and resubmitting, you can just ask a moderator (me or Greek) to move it.

edit: same thing with renaming.

Instead of failing them and resubmitting, you can just ask a moderator (me or Greek) to move it.

edit: same thing with renaming.

Yeah I'm dumb sorry