Author Topic: Blockland Light 3: The Redemption (userstyle)  (Read 7013 times)

YES

EDIT:

i tried all 3 BL lights at once
didnt turn out that great

this color scheme would be sweeet

So I found an extension for chrome called Stylebot, which isn't really new, but is faster at applying new styles than Stylish, and has a nice set of features to go with it as well, so I'd check that out if you use chrome.

In other news, I tweaked the styles a little bit. Made the background darker in the light theme and reduced spacing among other things. May or may not look a little nicer? I'll care more tomorrow.

EDIT: Apparently userstyles.org also allows you to install styles as userscripts in Tampermonkey and similar, and that works pretty forgetin' fast as well too, so, options. I'll probably update the README later with information about this. The style actually feels more native now.

EDIT2: The header image isn't that great. I wanted to address that "black bar" issue TBP brought up and I thought one of BL's screenshots would be good to use, but doesn't work so well in practice. It's alright, but it could definitely be better. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:11:09 AM by Kingdaro »

EDIT2: The header image isn't that great. I wanted to address that "black bar" issue TBP brought up and I thought one of BL's screenshots would be good to use, but doesn't work so well in practice. It's alright, but it could definitely be better. Any ideas?
I'll play around with some of the screenshots in the DOF gallery topic and see what I can come up with.

I'll play around with some of the screenshots in the DOF gallery topic and see what I can come up with.
Cool, thanks!

Actually I'm curious, would it be possible to randomize banners?

Actually I'm curious, would it be possible to randomize banners?
Yes, I thought about that too, but I don't believe it's possible with CSS. You'd need to use a userscript, as far as I know.

Yes, I thought about that too, but I don't believe it's possible with CSS. You'd need to use a userscript, as far as I know.
I was thinking maybe some ImageMagick and PHP trickery to generate one or pick a random one, dunno tho

I was thinking maybe some ImageMagick and PHP trickery to generate one or pick a random one, dunno tho
Ehhh... that definitely works, but I've been trying to keep this whole thing as client-sided as I can for page load reasons, but I've already broken a few rules using imgur images, so if it works well enough, I guess it couldn't hurt.

If you're actually interested in that color scheme, just use Blockland Light 2.

polls what are you doing

If you're actually interested in that color scheme, just use Blockland Light 2.
Actually yeah, the two schemes seem to work fine together. I'll just enable both until something goes horribly wrong.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:14:28 AM by Soundwaver7 »

polls what are you doing
That's totally unintentional but it looked cool so I kept it.

Actually yeah, the two schemes seem to work fine together. I'll just enable both until something horrible goes wrong.
Alright then, haha. Good luck with that.

Nice work! I like the second one the most, but I'd prefer if it were wider, because, well, I have a 1080p monitor, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. That and the blockland text should just be a separate image (where the Blockland Forums text is now), but I can get that myself from the template.