PTG v3 Development

Author Topic: PTG v3 Development  (Read 23560 times)

Here comes the DayZ servers

This is amazing

i cannot describe how beautiful this is. When i used PTG v.2, all i got were islands...
How is this even possible.

it's like badspot instant block party

i hope the gui will be more user friendly

will you make it so you can disable the layers of underground? it would be great to just have land terrain to not use up brick consumption
Yes, you can choose to disable caves if you don't want them to generate. You'll be able to toggle landscape features such as caves, water bricks, paths, clouds, biomes, etc. so you can adjust it to your liking.

i hope the gui will be more user friendly
That was a major complaint from the last version, so I'm going to try to make it as easy to use and understand as possible.

i cannot describe how beautiful this is. When i used PTG v.2, all i got were islands...
How is this even possible.
Yeah, the scripts for v3 will be much improved lol. Let's not mention v2 ever again...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 04:08:24 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

neat, but what do the numbers on the brickcount say?

Any real ETA?
Hard to say right now, but it'll still be a few weeks of work at least.

neat, but what do the numbers on the brickcount say?
So far, a small grid of terrain such as in the image below is about 37,000+ bricks with the solid-ground option enabled. But, with the new brick-limit that shouldn't be much of an issue anymore. There will also be various options to help reduce the brick-count further if needed, such as by: disabling solid-ground generation, disabling caves, choosing larger brick-sizes for the terrain, reducing detail brick frequency, lowering the terrain height offset from the ground, etc.

in all honesty 37k is a ridiculous amount for that tiny little spot

there should be a way to set less depth

disabling solid-ground generation

This is by far one of the most useful, and unique mods iv'e ever had/used. I looked at the code once, and almost died. I thank you very much for taking time to making a mod this amazing for the community to enjoy.

There are a lot of options to reduce the brickcount though, such as disabling the solid-ground option as ·::Kishgal::· requoted. Turning off that feature will reduce the brickcount by at least half or more.

This is by far one of the most useful, and unique mods iv'e ever had/used. I looked at the code once, and almost died. I thank you very much for taking time to making a mod this amazing for the community to enjoy.
No problem, I really do enjoy making add-ons like this for the community. I hope with the next update the add-on will be even more useful.

I'm currently working on addressing some issues right now, and will be moving on to setting up various terrain types (such as Floating Islands, Plains and possibly 3D caves) next. After that, I'll finish up the grid-generation options, chunk saving loading and management, other miscellaneous stuff (grid offsets, terrain edge fall-off, custom bricks, etc.), and then ModTer support. Another dev update coming soon!

When will the download be out? It's great!