PTG v3 Development

Author Topic: PTG v3 Development  (Read 23588 times)

Thanks! It'll still be a few weeks; I'm taking my time to make sure it's as polished and efficient as possible.

Getting a lot done! I finished adding various options for generation: you can now choose to generate a square or radial grid of terrain, gradual or entire grid generation per player (makes sure at least one chunk is created around each player, or loads all chunks around a player before moving to the next), and separate chunk-radii (generate more terrain around a player depending on if they are Super Admin or not).

Also, you can now modify the height of terrain depending on the biome it's in (shown below). More pics:

how do you make it really big though

forget the screenshot pls
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 11:51:38 PM by gebenuwell »

how do you make it really big tho
Each biome will give you the option of setting a multiple to modify the terrain within it by; for the terrain in the previous screenshots, I set it to x2. Even though version 3 will be more complicated, I'm still going to try to make it as easy to use and understand as possible.

Just added flat lands and floating islands as different types of terrain you can generate!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:42:21 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

this looks loving amazing

this may actually revolutionize blockland servers. someone needs to make a vehicle that can handle this stuff

This looks so good! Perfect for RPs! When I find a scripter to carry on my unfinished addon (Pie crust couldn't carry it on)where you get supplies and build stuff, this terrain generator will be perfect for maps!

this may actually revolutionize blockland servers. someone needs to make a vehicle that can handle this stuff
I think the Rock Crawler might be able to handle it, but you can also stretch out the terrain and make it smoother if necessary.

This looks so good! Perfect for RPs! When I find a scripter to carry on my unfinished addon (Pie crust couldn't carry it on)where you get supplies and build stuff, this terrain generator will be perfect for maps!
Thanks!

ModTer Support has been added! Still have some things to take into account, but so far it's working quite well.

The generator now simply calculates surrounding terrain, rather than using raycasting or container searches such as in version 2, so it loads immediately instead of generating terrain then going back to overlay it. The ModTer placement algorithm should also be much faster and more organized, and since it takes adjacent chunks into account, it also works with infinite terrain. Various brick sizes are supported, so you can choose any ModTer brick size and scale you wish.

I think 16x 1/4 ModTerrain looks the best and most optimized for vehicles.

aw man alkatjo's right, that stuff will work perfectly. but i love the look of 8x 1/4