Author Topic: PTG v3 Development  (Read 23575 times)

this is really just amazing

releasereleaserelease plox

Added Mov Dev Part 4!

Covers recent additions, such as:
- Curved and straight roads (with temp file saving / loading for faster generation)
- New, higher detailed clouds
- Modifying the terrain height relative to biomes
- Wall and Ceiling Boundaries (with height relative to the terrain or set to a standard height) for both radial and square terrain grids
- Cliffs, which allows paths to "carve" into them to create tunnels
- Fixed chunk saving / loading
- and more!

i thought i couldn't climax any harder

i was wrong

this is lookin like way too good right now i think you need to tone it down sir nobody can possibly be prepared for a mod of this quality

everyone will use this

everyone

Ok when this gets done and released I'm gonna do the same thing the last version was done and released: host a terrain generated deathmatch.
Last time I just had one generated thing and I stuck with that, but I'll change it every now and then this time.
This time I'll also do random TierTac+Quake+Frog's weapons to make it more fun.

Oh and speaking of which if possible you should have a thing where every x times a slayer mini resets the terrain gets re-generated with the same settings you put on it before.

this is lookin like way too good right now i think you need to tone it down sir nobody can possibly be prepared for a mod of this quality
Yeah, you do have a good point. I could break up the settings in the GUI between a basic tab and an advanced tab for those who want more control over the features, that might help.

Ok when this gets done and released I'm gonna do the same thing the last version was done and released: host a terrain generated deathmatch.
Last time I just had one generated thing and I stuck with that, but I'll change it every now and then this time.
This time I'll also do random TierTac+Quake+Frog's weapons to make it more fun.

Oh and speaking of which if possible you should have a thing where every x times a slayer mini resets the terrain gets re-generated with the same settings you put on it before.
Sure, you mean like to reset the terrain?

Yeah, you do have a good point. I could break up the settings in the GUI between a basic tab and an advanced tab for those who want more control over the features, that might help.
i was jus bein a dingus but that would probs be a good idea ya

Sure, you mean like to reset the terrain?
Yeah pretty much but with a different seed
Now that I think about it though maybe an option to keep the seed the same could work as well

Would it be possible to just clear the terrain and nothing else? Because I'd want a brick with events outside it staying (but have an option for that too, like for something if building were enabled)

i was jus bein a dingus but that would probs be a good idea ya
Oh :P But yeah I'll include two separate tabs / GUIs just encase.

Yeah pretty much but with a different seed
Now that I think about it though maybe an option to keep the seed the same could work as well

Would it be possible to just clear the terrain and nothing else? Because I'd want a brick with events outside it staying (but have an option for that too, like for something if building were enabled)
I'll include some admin-only events, which will allow you to reload / clear the terrain, change the seed, etc. Also, right now there is the option of setting "static" chunks, which don't get removed during infinite terrain routines or when chunks are cleared via server command. Would that work?

I'll include some admin-only events, which will allow you to reload / clear the terrain, change the seed, etc. Also, right now there is the option of setting "static" chunks, which don't get removed during infinite terrain routines or when chunks are cleared via server command. Would that work?
Oh yeah that'd work fine

everyone will use this

everyone

I will definitely use it.

the possibilities are endless

just like the terrain