Author Topic: Decent military strategy games that won't beat the stuff out of my computer?  (Read 2470 times)

company of heroes is pretty good. RUSE is a large-scale military RTS and runs pretty well on low-end hardware. both are WWII-era i believe

World in Conflict was pretty fun, alt history cold war where in the late 80s stuff goes down, you get to be the USA, USSR, and NATO

The story is pretty good too, gives you a bit of the feels instead of just COMMUNIST DETECTED ON AMERICAN SOIL, War sucks man.

It's made by the Company of Heroes guys too I believe.

Wargame has lots of potentional to rise above all the current mainstream titles in the Real Time Tactics genre.

If you are into Grand Strategy I'd wait for Hearts of Iron V or look into the clunky Supreme Ruler franchise.

If you are looking for a Niche title maybe Graviteam Tactics and Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:48:14 AM by Harm94 »

oh yeah forgot about supreme ruler. its more military based than hoi. lackluster for everything else though, but you might like it

I have a spare copy of Supreme Commander Gold (includes base game + forged alliance)
Look up the game to see if it looks interesting to you. If so, private message me and I'll send you the code. (Humble bundle link redeemable on steam)

The Dawn of War series.

Real Time Strategy

Also if you're looking for an FPS multiplayer game where you can play as a soldier you should look at Heroes and Generals, its on steam.
I can barely run Heroes and Generals at all. It's far too laggy for me to actually do much.

I can barely run Heroes and Generals at all. It's far too laggy for me to actually do much.
get wargame and run it on minimum
european escalation is really good for this

get wargame and run it on minimum
european escalation is really good for this
Noted.

How's Ultimate General: Gettysburg?

I've been looking at it for awhile and it just went on sale for %50 off.

How do I check what graphics card I have?

How do I check what graphics card I have?
you could just like
google it

you could just like
google it
Google something for my own computer?

I know how to check the processor and all that good stuff.

well if its a laptop there's a pretty good chance its an integrated card, maybe an intel something or whatever. it wont be very powerful, but it should get decent fps on low settings

well if its a laptop there's a pretty good chance its an integrated card, maybe an intel something or whatever. it wont be very powerful, but it should get decent fps on low settings
It's a desktop.

company of heroes is pretty good. RUSE is a large-scale military RTS and runs pretty well on low-end hardware. both are WWII-era i believe

I bought RUSE when it came out and loved it, but then every single loving match was paratrooper cheese and I got so loving sick of it after a couple weeks. How is the multiplayer for it now?