Author Topic: New map requests  (Read 761 times)

I had a couple map ideas hit me, both mainly slate edits with a twist.

Entering Atmosphere

A map with the earth underneath your feat. The special feature is that every solid object (including you) will be entering the atmosphere and thus on fire. But, only the exposed surfaces will be on fire (i.e. the insides of things will be unaffected, as will things that are located above other things)

Script wise, the main idea would be to make the ground essentially shoot invisible projectiles upwards at objects. The projectiles would make small fire-like effects on impact, creating the effect. I don't have the slightest idea how to make any of that happen though, hence the request.

Desert Storm

A desert map with a sandstorm. It will also only effect the outsides of buildings (sand won't get inside buildings). This could be slightly similar to the other request, in that it could also make use of projectiles. Invisible projectiles would spawn and rise upwards, creating Dust projectiles at random intervals as the invisible projectiles rise. The invisible projectiles birthing the dust projectiles will die as soon as they collide with something, like a baseplate layed on the ground, removing the possibility of dust projectiles appearing inside buildings.

Once again, I just don't know how to make this happen. It involves allot of programming that I just don't understand practically.

I drew pictures.
(the white line in the Atmosphere example represents the invisible ground, the other line perpendicular to it with a little h is a height measure, basically meaning that objects will not need to be connected to the ground to be on fire)

I think it might cause lag, but great ideas anyways. I hope to see these in the future.

Is it even possible to do such a thing?

I highly doubt it, just as it is impossible to make bricks under water dry on the inside of a build, without engine changes.

I am already making a map with a sand storm, but it won't be quite like you are suggesting. (no, I'm not making it because of this topic, I've had this map in production for a long time, I want it to be perfect.)

Also, sneak peak of the map in normal mode, though I already have changed allot of things since I took this pic: