Red Marsh - Basically A Black Lagoon Simulator

Poll

Company Name?

Reliable Expeditions, Demolitions
2 (33.3%)
SI Logistics Services
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Red Marsh - Basically A Black Lagoon Simulator  (Read 19704 times)

REDMARSH
Lol here we go again

WHAT

Hello, and welcome to REDMARSH, a Black Lagoon inspired mercenary, protection racketeering, pirating, smuggling, black market, and general mayhem RP. Think Black Lagoon. In the water world of the South China Sea and Coral Sea, there's profit to be made in numerous ways, mostly involving acts of piracy. You are apart of the "[You guys have to decide on a name]" Company, a cooperative mercenary company that is contracted to carry out such actions. You all work aboard your faux Higgens 80-footer PT boat, and must cooperated to complete contracts.

There's diversity in the South China Seas, criminals of all backgrounds and origins, of all walks of life, from white collar criminals to pickpockets. Everybody's got a reason for being here. Mostly to avoid prison though. That's why you're here, right?

I (Mr. Hurricane) am Jaakko Kissinger-Adler, your company's pseudo-controller, or even a comptroller. I'm a white collar criminal from Europe. I've found my way down here to continue to conduct my "business" -securities fraud, money laundering, embezzlement, you name a 'professional' business crime, I've probably commit it. I handle strategic details, setups, and present you with contracts. This company being a cooperative, collective enterprise, I don't actually hold any more authority than you do.

Corporate Cooperative Policy

This is a rules section. The obvious applies, don't be a jackass. Don't make me have to actually write a rules list.

Encyclopedia Protection Racketeeria
Or, how I learned to stop worrying and love money.

Your vessel in this corporate venture is a Higgens PT Boat, newly acquired and yet to be christened. Some stuff has been moved around, and it doesn't carry the torcreepes it used to, but the launchers are still there.

Each crew member brings with them a set of skills to the table. There are no hard stats but your character's skills should be in line with their position. They also shouldn't have too wide of a skill set. There are several positions to be filled.

Captain- Coordinator and Quartermaster, this is the person the ship-members are most willing to follow. They should have general skills, with knowledge of boating, navigation, and radar systems.

Technician - A tech-smart guy who works with electronics and electrical systems. They will operate the radar and other ship-board electronics functions. Somewhat "specialized," and can repair such systems. He works with communications mainly. This position overlaps with Captain and Engineer to ensure that someone is able to RP at any time. Usually an Adjutant to the Captain.

Engineer(s) - A machine-smart guy, intuitive and resourceful. Can tinker in weapons too, but probably not as good at working with weapons as an armorer. This guy can fix the engines and has a variety of technical skills, such as welding, and probably has diving skills too. Can do machining work.

Armorers - Weapons techs, overlaps with engineers, but can be very useful with working with weapons and weapons systems. Know machining and welding. Can work with a massive variety of weapons.

Strong-Arms - Basically "soldiers" that can have some sort of other skills, usually having good weapons skills, they can maintain their weapons of choice as well. These guys generally don't have a specialized skill set though.

Depending upon the interests of the players, I may add complexities in a manner similar to that of ABS FIESTA in regards to armaments of your boat.

Employee Registration

Some rules: Bring skills to the table, but stuff that falls in line with your character's pseudo-class. You can have one or so odd skills without punishment. Just don't make your skill sets too wide, m'kay?

This enterprise has employees of varying ethnicity and backgrounds. You all speak English, but you can add a second or even third language without punishment.

A note on mental illness, psychopaths/sociopaths are forbidden. Sadists are borderline okay, you just better play it well. Your character must be loyal to the company, no loving around.

Update: 5/7, I'm adding an inactivity clause to the RP. Basically, allowing me clearance to RP as your character in the event that you are gone, or have reported yourself as being unable to participate for a length of time.

Also, a "Sudden Death" Clause, think of it as a sort of hard mode. It's completely voluntary, and would strip away the plot armor. You mess up, you die. Not sure how to work out character death for those who don't submit though.

Here's the form;

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b] (A nickname will be assigned to you by your fellow crewmen)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Position:[/b]
[b]Skill Sets:[/b] [i.e. Welding, Diving, Electronics, Programming, Machining, etc.]
[b]Spoken Languages:[/b]
[b]Country of Origin:[/b]
[b]Physical Description/Mental Dispositions:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b] [Not required, but preferable,]
[b]Possessions:[/b] [stuff you own or brought with you, including weapons, nothing larger than an assault rifle, and no more than two weapons]
[b]Other Notes:[/b]
[b][u]Sudden Death?[/u][/b] [COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY, SEE SUDDEN DEATH CLAUSE]

Das Boot

Faux Higgins 80' PT Boat "[No Name]"

2x Twin .50 Caliber Machine Guns
1x Aft Mount Orleikon 20mm
1x Fore Mount 37mm AT Gun, old, jury rigged, and can be a piece of stuff
4x Torcreep Tubes, not loaded
2x Depth Charge/Mine launchers, not loaded

Wooden Hull Contruction
Armor Plating in Critical Areas

3x V12 Marine Diesels, Turbocharged
Max Speed of ~40 Knots

Search Radar
Radar Receiver

Das Kapital (Name your company)

Roster:

Name: Jaakko Marko Kissinger-Adler
Position: On-shore controller/comptroller
Skill Sets: Programming, Electronics
Spoken Languages: Finnish, Chinese, Basic German
Country of Origin: Finland
Physical Description/Mental Dispositions: Physically Jaakko is tall and lanky. He has dark hair and heterochromia, one eye silvery-blue, one eye a bold hazel. Scruffy looking face, but clean-shaven. Mentally he is cool and collected, and he enjoys his position as it stands. Jaakko loves technology, and combines it with an interest in economics to preform white-collar crime. His voice carries a peculiar accent.
Backstory: Born to a German expat and Finnish native. Jaakko had a relatively mundane childhood. He yearned for something more, and now he feel's he's got that something.
Possessions: USP .45, the deed to the company's safe house in the safe house.
Other Notes:

Name: Ralph Johnson
Position: Armorer
Skill Sets: Welding, Machining, and Basic Diving ability.
Spoken Languages: English, Chinese, and alittle bit of German.
Country of Origin: America.
Physical Description/Mental Dispositions: Strong. Extremely Strong. 6'2", 200lb. Short, brown hair. Almost southern accent. Strong willed, too. Serious. Sometimes likes to joke, but mostly serious. Always tries to help or cheer people up.
Backstory:  Grew up on a small farm in Ohio.
Possessions:
AR-15
Drum Mag he found at a gun show
EOTech holographic sight

Utility Vest
5x AR-15 magazines
First Aid Kit
Some other stuff like MRE's and stuff.
Other Notes: Knows how to fish in case anyone gets hungry.

Name: Pedro Martinez
Position: Helmsman
Skill Sets: Welding, mathematics, skilled helmsman
Spoken Languages: Spanish (native), English
Country of Origin: Mexico
Physical Description/Mental Dispositions: 5'6, 226 lbs. Extremely muscular. Get swole. Brown, curly hair. Brown eyes. Mustache.
Backstory: Lived a life of poverty in Mexico. Stumbled across a entrepreneur 's cash stash, and used it to leave Cuba.
Possessions: Crappy .357 magnum found in the cash stash. Otherwise, he has the remaining cash from the, well, stash. Also, a high quality purple luchador's mask.
Other Notes: HE'S A LUCHADOR

Name: Yashairuauaruroai Mushaihgairuiasushu (he has a lisp)
Position: Strong-arm
Skill Sets: Bisecting humans
Spoken Languages: Mandarin, Japanese, Engrish
Country of Origin: JAPAN
Physical Description/Mental Dispositions: 5'9, 160 pounds. Wiry. Medically insane.
Backstory: Stole antique samurai gear from a museum after escaping a mental facility. Convinced Pedro is his shogun.
Possessions: Two katanas, full suit of historical samurai armor
Other Notes: He is literally useless in all respects other than the fact that he is really good at sword fighting.

Name:  Awiti Imamu
Position: Electrician
Skill Sets: Electronics, Welding, Basic Leadership, Small Arms
Spoken Languages: English, French
Country of Origin: Madagascar
Physical Description/Mental Dispositions: 6'1, 176 lbs.
Backstory: Born in the port city of Toamasina, to a French sailor and a native Malagasian woman, Awiti wasn't born off well. His father left when he was young, and the woman faced scrutiny for having a baby out of wedlock. Awiti befriended a soldier that handled electronics for the navy. This bred a passion that continues to this day. He taught Awiti how to use the electronics on the ship. After growing to the age of 22, Awiti's mother was killed by a native gang. In her will, she left Awiti 10,000 dollars, and a revolver. Both were from his father, who left it for Awiti. Seeing nothing left in Toamasina for him, Awiti caught a ship to the South China Seas. He decided to finally put his skills to use.
Possessions:
S&W Model 586
18 Bullets
Combat Knife
Batteries
$64
Other Notes: Prefers to see things out, is patient and waits to see plans develop.

Name: Rutger Howher
Position: Gunsmith
Skill Sets: Engineering, Gunsmithing, Welding
Spoken Languages: Russian, German, English
Country of Origin: America
Physical Description/Mental Dispositions: Wears a gas mask at all time, Constantly wearing a flannel shirt and combat gloves, Brown Hair
Backstory:
Possessions: 2 Boxes of .700 Nitro Express, Sawn-Off Elephant Gun, Leather Police jacket, a engraved lighter, a seal box of cigars, a bag of misc reloading parts
Other Notes: He doesn't talk about his family much, also hates getting questions about the past or the future.
Sudden Death? [COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY, SEE SUDDEN DEATH CLAUSE]

Is it too late to join?

if not here's my Char.

Name: Artyom Plaskovich
Position: Strong-Arms
Skill Sets: Diving, shooting.
Spoken Languages: Russian, English
Country of Origin: Russia
Physical Description/Mental Dispositions: about your classic Russian build.
Backstory: N/A
Possessions:
Weapons - Spas-12 [Due to the massive range of ammunition] APS Underwater Rifle [For protection in diving missions]
Foldable Spotlight [For underwater] A lot of shotgun shells and 5.66×39mm bullets [Over 50 each, but under 100]
Other Notes: Artyom here will tend to get pissed off at a lot of things.
Sudden Death? N/A

Name: Alex Keatings
Position: Technician
Skill Sets: Programing, Hacker
Spoken Languages: English
Country of Origin: America
Physical Description/Mental Dispositions: Blonde hair, weak, but intelligent
Backstory: Grew up in Illinois, was very addicted to video games.  Practiced hacking and programing.  Started to hack into banks and steal money.  Once the police had him on the most wanted list, he got a job at SI Logistics Services to avoid arrest.
Possessions: Double barrel Remmington shotgun and a desert eagle
Other Notes: Can have sudden bursts of energy
Sudden Death? No

Assets:

Company Assets: $25,000

Jaakko Marko Kissinger-Adler: $3125

Ralph Johnson: $3125

Pedro Martinez $3125

Yashairuauaruroai Mushaihgairuiasushu $3125

Awiti Imamu $3125

Rutger Howher $3125

Artyom Plaskovich $3125

Alex Keatings $3125
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:48:07 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

can we have a simpler version of the 'what' section

im a bit confused as to what this is

can we have a simpler version of the 'what' section

im a bit confused as to what this is

updated

Name: Ralph Johnson
Position: Armorer
Skill Sets: Welding, Machining, and Basic Diving ability.
Spoken Languages: English, Chinese, and alittle bit of German.
Country of Origin: America.
Physical Description/Mental Dispositions: Strong. Extremely Strong. 6'2", 200lb. Short, brown hair. Almost southern accent. Strong willed, too. Serious. Sometimes likes to joke, but mostly serious. Always tries to help or cheer people up.
Backstory:  Grew up on a small farm in Ohio.
Possessions:
AR-15
Drum Mag he found at a gun show
EOTech holographic sight

Utility Vest
5x AR-15 magazines
First Aid Kit
Some other stuff like MRE's and stuff.
Other Notes: Knows how to fish in case anyone gets hungry.

weapon i have it all

weapon i have it all

I thought you would be here to ask why we have a Higgins PT boat in the 2010's.

gib 105mm RR no less now pls

Blockguy accepted. You have a story in your head as to why a small town farmer ended up in the South China Sea, right?

i am formally joining as bill ***EDIT: PLATES

i will update with proper post in a moment
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:08:26 PM by CypherX »

claiming steve jobs

preferably fictional characters

preferably fictional characters

i am formally joining as bill **PLATES

i will update with proper post in a moment

claiming steve nobs

Blockguy accepted. You have a story in your head as to why a small town farmer ended up in the South China Sea, right?
mhmm

If Gill Bates and the other guy